1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

State space system model - hard and really need help fast - PLEASE

1. Sep 4, 2005 #1
    State space system model - hard and really need help fast - PLEASE!!!

Hi,

Just found this site (a little too late I fear!). I have an assignment due tomorrow and I can not solve the last part of it. We are able to source information from anywhere to complete the assignment and you guys are my last hope!!! I have been trying for two days straight now and cant figure out the last section.

I have a system model digram which I have saved as an image and placed here: (It's just too big to add as an attachment)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03HUNNYJ
    (Close the popup and wait for the timer to count down then you can download the picture)

I have to represent this system in terms of the state space variables outlined on the sheet. I can create state equations for the current and the motor's angular velocity but I cant get the third state space equation. ie. derivitve of Tension = ?????

I have worked out the the derivitive of the Tension = K(vw-vs) but dont know where to go from there.

This is a fairly hard problem and I dont know if this is the right section to place it but I am hoping someone could help me???!!!

Thanks
    Jamesponty

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted