Is My Statement of Purpose Strong Enough for the PSI Program?

In summary, the speaker is writing their application to the PSI program of Perimeter Institute and is seeking feedback on their statement of purpose. They mention that they are not a native English speaker and have tried to write about each of the topics listed in the application form. However, the links to their statement are not accessible and they ask for an alternative way to share it.
Robin04
I am writing my application to the PSI program of Perimeter Institute. As I am not a native English speaker, I am not sure whether my statement of purpose is strong enough. In the application form, there is a list of topics that I can comment on in my letter, and I tried to write something about each of them. Could you give me feedback about my letter, how can I improve it?

http://robin04.web.elte.hu/1.png
http://robin04.web.elte.hu/2.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you post your statement as a PDF instead of images on an outside host machine?

I couldn't access them from your links. I get this http 1.1 404 message:

A kért weboldal nem található

A webszerver nem találja a kért fájlt.

Amennyiben Ön a keresett honlap tartalmára mutató hivatkozást követve jutott ide, kérjük, jelezze a honlap tulajdonosának a hibát.

Amennyiben Ön a honlap tulajdonosa, győződjön meg róla, hogy a kért fájl valóban létezik-e.

További információkért keresse fel operátori szolgálatunkat.

jedishrfu said:
I couldn't access them from your links. I get this http 1.1 404 message:

That's weird. I was able to see them a couple days ago, but they do appear to be taken down now...

@Robin04 -- Did you remove your pages?

@Robin04 @berkeman

I have a word doc. How to Write a Statement of Purpose.

[Mentor Note -- also added a PDF copy]

Attachments

• How to Write a Statement of Purpose.docx
    15.9 KB · Views: 134
  • How to Write a Statement of Purpose.pdf
    74.1 KB · Views: 143
Thank you Mentor for adding the .pdf file.

Likes berkeman

1. What should be included in a statement of purpose?

A statement of purpose should include your academic and professional background, your research interests and goals, and how the program you are applying to will help you achieve those goals. It should also highlight any relevant experience, skills, and achievements that make you a strong candidate.

2. How long should a statement of purpose be?

Most schools have specific guidelines for the length of a statement of purpose, usually ranging from 500-1000 words. It is important to follow these guidelines and be concise in your writing, focusing on the most important and relevant information.

3. Can I use the same statement of purpose for multiple applications?

It is not recommended to use the same statement of purpose for multiple applications. Each program and school is unique, and your statement of purpose should be tailored to each one. This will show your genuine interest and dedication to the program.

4. Should I include personal information in my statement of purpose?

It is generally not necessary to include personal information, such as family background or personal struggles, in a statement of purpose. Instead, focus on your academic and professional qualifications and how they have prepared you for the program you are applying to.

5. How important is the statement of purpose in the application process?

The statement of purpose is a crucial part of the application process as it allows the admissions committee to get to know you beyond your academic transcripts and test scores. It is your opportunity to showcase your passion, motivation, and potential for success in the program. Therefore, it is important to spend time and effort in crafting a strong and compelling statement of purpose.