Static analysis with Femap Software

In summary, the conversation is about an EOT crane with a double girder and its specifications including main and auxiliary capacity, span, crab weight, deflection, density, and modulus section. The speaker is designing the crane to hold a load on top of the surface and asks questions about calculating the total moment, total stress, total deflection, and frequency. They also ask for references and suggestions for better analysis and clarification on terms such as p and q, and modulus section.
ricky_fusion

Homework Statement

EOT Crane - Double Girder
Main capacity : 80,000 Kg
Aux. Capacity : 20,000 Kg
Span : 22,000 mm
Crab Weight : 6,000 Kg
Deflection : 22,00 mm
Density : 0.0078
q : 4.1808 Kg/cm
Netto(q) : 4.719
Modulus Section (Wx) = 29064.715 [cm][/3]
Modulus Section (Wy) = 9675.54[cm][/3]
Moment inertia :
- Ixo = 546226.67 [cm][/4]
- Ix = 2383306.67 [cm][/4] (What's it?? Any body knows??)
- Iyo = 114346.99 [cm][/4]
- Iy = 33643.95 [cm][/4] (What's it?? Any body knows??)
My design is want to put the load around the top of surface.

I am sorry if my english is not good and maybe makes you a little confused. o:)

Question :
1. Totall moment = ?? (M = Mp+Mq)
2. Totall stress = ?? (Stress totall = Totall Stress x^2 + Totall stress y^2)
3. Total Deflection = ?? (Ft = Fp + Fq)
4. Frecuency = ?? {Fr = (1/2 phi) x (g/Ft)

My question are:
1. Does anybody have done this problem before?? (Any reference)
2. I know the stress equation is f=P.A (P=stress)
The totall stress?
3. I put the load is 86,000 Kg, don't I put a wrong load?
4. I still confused about p & q, what are they mean?
5. I want to put the data in Femap software with 3D model (Any suggestion for better analysis)??

Attachments

• Crane.jpg
    Crane.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 476
Physics news on Phys.org
6. How to calculate Moment inertia?? 7. What is Modulus Section (Wx) = 29064.715 [cm][/3] and Modulus Section (Wy) = 9675.54[cm][/3]??8. Any suggestion for this problem, please?

I would like to provide a response to the content regarding the use of Femap software for static analysis on an EOT crane with a double girder.

Firstly, it is commendable that you have provided all the necessary information such as the main and auxiliary capacity, span, crab weight, deflection, density, and modulus section of the crane. This information is crucial for a thorough analysis.

To answer your questions, I would like to provide some guidance and clarification.

1. Total moment = ?? (M = Mp+Mq)
The total moment can be calculated by adding the moments generated by the main and auxiliary capacities, Mp and Mq respectively. This will give you the total moment acting on the crane.

2. Total stress = ?? (Stress total = Total Stress x^2 + Total stress y^2)
The total stress can be calculated by adding the stresses in the x and y directions, which are calculated using the equations σ=P/A and σ=M/I, where P is the load, A is the cross-sectional area, M is the moment, and I is the moment of inertia. The total stress can be calculated using the Pythagorean theorem, where the x and y stresses are the two sides of the triangle and the total stress is the hypotenuse.

3. Total deflection = ?? (Ft = Fp + Fq)
Similarly, the total deflection can be calculated by adding the deflections caused by the main and auxiliary capacities, Fp and Fq respectively. This will give you the total deflection of the crane.

4. Frequency = ?? {Fr = (1/2 phi) x (g/Ft)
The frequency can be calculated using the formula Fr = (1/2π) x (g/Ft), where g is the acceleration due to gravity and Ft is the total deflection.

5. As for your questions regarding references and suggestions for better analysis, I would recommend consulting textbooks or online resources on structural analysis and design. As for using Femap software, it is a powerful tool for finite element analysis, and I would suggest familiarizing yourself with its capabilities and features to get the most accurate and reliable results.

In conclusion, I hope this response has provided some clarity and guidance for your analysis using Femap software. It is essential to have all the necessary information and a good understanding of the equations and principles involved in structural analysis to obtain accurate results. Good luck with

What is static analysis and how does it work in Femap Software?

Static analysis is a computational method used to determine the structural behavior of a system under a given set of loads. In Femap Software, it involves creating a finite element model of the system and applying boundary conditions and loads. The software then solves the model using mathematical equations to calculate the stresses and deformations of the system.

What types of problems can be analyzed using Femap Software?

Femap Software is capable of analyzing a wide range of structural problems, including linear, nonlinear, static, and dynamic systems. It can also handle various types of materials, such as metals, composites, and plastics.

How accurate are the results obtained from Femap Software?

The accuracy of the results obtained from Femap Software depends on various factors, such as the quality of the finite element model, the accuracy of the input data, and the complexity of the problem. Generally, Femap Software produces highly accurate results when used correctly and with proper engineering judgment.

Can Femap Software handle large and complex models?

Yes, Femap Software has the ability to handle large and complex models. It has advanced meshing capabilities and can efficiently solve models with millions of degrees of freedom. It also has features such as model substructuring and parallel processing that help to speed up the analysis process.

Are there any limitations or drawbacks to using Femap Software for static analysis?

Like any software, Femap has its limitations and drawbacks. Some of the limitations include the need for proper training and expertise to use the software effectively, the cost of the software and its associated modules, and the need for high-performance hardware to run large and complex models efficiently. However, these limitations can be overcome by investing in proper training, utilizing the software's capabilities, and using appropriate hardware.