First of all, I know nothing about physics, so if I use the wrong term, or something don't get me too hard of a time But this problem has been really bugging me these past few weeks. For some reason, my jacket seems to give me a huge amount of static electricity. Almost every time I get out of my car, I touch the door (to close it) and I get a little shock. Then I walk into my apartment, take my jacket off, and I hear all these little sparks, and my entire backside of my shirt has a "static" feel to it. Also, the other night when I was going to bed, I had a ton of build up I guess, and just moving my hands across my blanket at night, I could see a ton of little sparks lighting up. This has really got to the point where I wonder if I could seriously injure myself. Any ideas as to what is going on and what I can do to stop this? If it helps, it is a faux-shearling coat. Thanks!!!