1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Statics - Moment in 3-d

1. Sep 9, 2006 #1
    This is a problem in my homework. My friend and I have been working on it for the past week and cannot match the answer to the back of the book. I think my main problem is I don't understand what it is trying to say about the dimensions of the force P. The 5 degrees and the 70 degrees doesn't really make much sense. I know that if I could get the vector from point A to C and the components of the force then it would be easy. The hard part is I don't know how to find either of these. I tried using the method in Calculus 3 of converting spherical coordinates to cartesian and that didn't get me anywhere. Please help me interpret this graph. There was another problem after this one that I had to use this picture for and I was able to get it. It took me probably about a full day to get it, but I finally got it. Basically in that one I just had to find the perpendicular distance to point C which came out to be 8.07 in.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?