Statics of rigid bodies

1. Hello ,
    I've come across a phrase that i dont understand while doing an exercise in this chapter . What's the meaning of a 'uniform paper collar' Please explain to me =) Cheers mate

2. jcsd
  3. Hootenanny

Hootenanny 9,679
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Chegg
    My best guess is that a paper collar is, well a collar made from paper. A thin walled hollow cylinder, but that's just my opinion :smile:

4. Office_Shredder

Office_Shredder 4,499
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's the context?

5. so .. according to you hoot .... uniform paper collar = hollow cylinder ?

6. Hootenanny

Hootenanny 9,679
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's my best guess, but perhaps it may be improved if we know the context as office suggests, could you post the entire question?

7. alright
    Here goes :
    The radii of the plane faces of the frustum of a cone are 2 cm and 3 cm and the distance between the faces is 5 cm . A uniforum paper collar is fited to the curved surface of the frustum. Find the distance of the centre of mass of the paper collar from the centre of the larger plane face of the frustum .

sorry for the late reply

8. Hi, It seems that you had already an idea on rotation of rigid bodies. Can you please share those to me? I have a big problem regarding that as of now currently...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?