1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Statistical Physics

1. Jan 21, 2016 #1
    Anyone know where i can get statistical physics by F Mandl? or can recommend any other textbook for a course in statistical mechanics.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2016 #2
    The first part to your question seems quite easy to answer: Depending on your attitude towards major international tax-evading companies vs. local stores you can buy it from Amazon or ask at a local book shop (who can probably order it for you if they don't have it).

4. Jan 25, 2016 #3
    I'm using Mandl's book for my course now, and it seems alright. If you want one based on math rather than 'intuition', I suggest Zuckerman's "Statistical Mechanics for Biomolecules" book - don't let the name fool you, only the last 4 chapters focus on biomolecules, the rest cover statistical mechanics very thoroughly using nothing more than probability theory and calculus as the basis, which I loved.
    However, I doubt an undergrad course will follow Zuckerman's book at all, so if this is for that course, get Mandl's on Amazon!

5. Jan 25, 2016 #4
    I like Pathria and Beale, Statistical Mechanics.

6. Jan 27, 2016 #5
    please how can i get the mandl book from you ? Please it's quite urgent, we're half way into the course already.

7. Jan 27, 2016 #6
    Do you have the pdf? can you send? please.

8. Jan 27, 2016 #7
    i think you need to buy the textbook. I do not think it is available as a pdf without paying. try amazon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted