1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Statistics Text book.

1. Dec 14, 2013 #1
    Hello all,
    I am finishing up my sophomore year as a physics major. I have taken several mathematics courses over the passed two years, and have made great grades, but I don't feel I have the mathematical background I should. I have taken college algebra, trig, calculus 1 through 3, and statistics. I have made great grades so far, A's in all math classes and A's and B's in my science classes. Not to down grade my university, I have never been required a text book in any of my mathematics classes. I just finished calculus based physics 1 and realized that I need to study math more.
    So, what I am asking for are some recommendations on a good statistics textbook; something with more of a science background.

Also,
    I have a couple of calculus textbooks already, Swokowski's and Thomas's. I see most of you prefer Spivak. Is there enough of a difference between the two calculus texts that I already have to justify buying Spivak?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted