Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stats question for TI 84

1. Nov 28, 2013 #1

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this in, but I need some help with my graphing calculator. I also posted this in the Statistics section.

I am given a set of X and Y data (2 sets of numeric data) and I need to find out how to find the Sxx, Syy, and Sxy in my TI84 graphing calculator. My professor went over it way to quickly in class and I am struggling. Please help!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2013 #2

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Nov 28, 2013 #3
  5. Nov 28, 2013 #4

Staff: Mentor

(Can you edit post#3 and add in the closing ] for the quote tag? It will make the quote display correctly.)

This is the best that I can find and its very sparse but may make sense to you:

On page five of this pdf, it shows how to calculate these values but doesn't show the calculator steps:

http://depts.washington.edu/chemcrs/bulkdisk/chem145HA_aut05/lab_handout_Special_Appendix_A.pdf [Broken]

Looking at these, I think the problem may be that the s notation is not universally used making it difficult to search on.

Perhaps you can ask a fellow student or better the professor him/her self? They may be using a built-in function or some addon function that you need to include on your calculator and thats why you can't do it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook