Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Status of DECIGO?

1. Jun 17, 2014 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Jun 17, 2014 #3
    Thansk for that, didnt see it mention DECIGO but nice document . its just great ot hear there is international support for but has any money actualy been put on the table for it? Do we have any reason to belive a 2027 launch date?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. Jun 17, 2014 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

check page 12 of 118 pages and you'll find it on column 2.

I think the presumption of the document is that funds will be there and that the scientific community interested in this research must plan what to do with them. As the time gets closer then priorities and more recent research dictate what is the best course of action and thus whether DECIGO becomes a reality.

So I don't think you're going to get a definitive answer beyond this document right now.

6. Jun 18, 2014 #5
    Thanks for that JEdishufu, I see the mention of DECIGO in the document but again nothing to justify a 2027 launch as per the wikipedia page. i really hope its true though, but somehow I doubt it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook