Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Status of neutron magnetic moment?

1. Apr 5, 2004 #1

arivero

Gold Member

I believe to remember some recent comments about the measurement of neutron magnetic moment or some other quantity of this particle, which was not very well in agreement with standard model calculations. I can not remember which measurement it was, or when. Can anyone help my poor neurons?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2004 #2
    Neutrons could perhaps become highly magnetic at ceirtain temperatures. Why don't you post this at physics help?

4. Apr 5, 2004 #3

arivero

Gold Member

Er... it was Standard Model related, more than "physics help". I believe to remember that it was a measure just in the border (2-3 deviations or so) of standard model, thus sort of hint of new physics and blah blah.

Sorry it seems I have already used the 100% of my brain :-) and I can not remember more details.

5. Apr 10, 2004 #4

arivero

Gold Member

Hmm my memory returned. It is the muon anomalous moment which is now slightly beyond the standard model calculation. No the neutron :-(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?