1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stay an extra year

1. Apr 2, 2009 #1
    Supposing that I don't have to worry about my finances I would like to stay an extra year in school. There are additional math, engineering , and computer courses that I think would really benefit me. Would this look bad for a grad school app or job?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2009 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I don't think so. Lots of students take an extra year, often because somewhere along the line they may have needed some time to figure out which path they were going to take. What matters is that you do well in the courses you take.

4. Apr 5, 2009 #3
    I figure I would stay for two reasons:
    1) Boost my GPA
    I don't mean taking foo foo courses, they would all be engineering, physics courses, or computer courses. Second semester sophomore year I overloaded myself with 2 engineering courses 2 physics courses, a lab course, and 2 math courses. I paid dearly with C's.
    2) Gain skills
    The computer programming courses would really benefit me in addition to the engineering courses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook