Staying at the Hilton vs Going to Jail

• News
  • Thread starter Surrealist
  • Start date
In summary, Paris Hilton's recent jail sentence for violating probation has caused a media frenzy and sparked various opinions about her fame and character. Some make jokes about her, while others question why the media pays so much attention to her. Despite her release from jail after only three days, many believe she deserved to be punished for her actions. However, some argue that she has been unfairly judged and held to unrealistic standards, and that her fame and success in the entertainment industry should be recognized. Regardless of one's opinion, it is clear that Paris Hilton's name will continue to be a topic of discussion for some time.

What should be done about Paris Hilton?

• Throw the book at her! Give her the maximum sentence!

Votes: 43 93.5%
  • Let her off the hook. She's too pretty for a place like jail.

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
MeJennifer said:
With regards to the sheriff, I think it would be a good thing to investigate if he was not given any money or other incentives. It is really strange for a sheriff to disobey explicit orders from the judge.

Evo said:
I was thinking the same thing.

turbo-1 said:
That kept running through my head yesterday, too.

I find it hard to believe that this could be true, but I also find it hard to believe that all it takes to get out of a jail sentence is a hunger strike.

Here's an interesting Associsted Press http://www.kcbs.com/topic/ap_news.php?story=AP/APTV/National/a/a/ParisHilton-Sheriff" about Sheriff Baca that I first read in the Toronto Star.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
George Jones said:
Here's an interesting Associsted Press http://www.kcbs.com/topic/ap_news.php?story=AP/APTV/National/a/a/ParisHilton-Sheriff" about Sheriff Baca that I first read in the Toronto Star.
No surprise then. I wonder what the bribe was?

Evo said:
No, I read yesterday that she was refusing to eat the prison food and that was the excuse her lawyer asked for her release.
Well, there is a risk that if she eats much less she'll become one dimensional...

russ_watters said:
No, I read yesterday that she was refusing to eat the prison food and that was the excuse her lawyer asked for her release.
Well, there is a risk that if she eats much less she'll become one dimensional...

Now, that's funny.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whitmore said he understood the media interest in the mystery medical condition but "privacy concerns" kept him mum. An hour later, publicists for the TV show "Entertainment Tonight" blasted out a mass e-mail stating that "Hilton family sources confirm exclusively to Entertainment Tonight that Paris Hilton has been released from jail due to suffering from an extreme rash on her body."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...6/07/AR2007060700774.html?nav=rss_print/style

Hmm usually stress + rash = herpes.

Lordy that sounds like natsy red neck gossip don't it?

russ_watters said:

Is that how she's planning to escape? Also, I hope you meant 2 dimensional... O_O

Also, why the hell is this thread 4 pages long? Why do I keep hearing this in the news over and over again?

I take pictures of car accidents when I drive past them, too...

If this has already been said, then forgive me for saying it again. It isn't easy to treat Paris fairly. How do you treat her like everyone else, when hardly any two people in the system are treated the same? The disparities in the system are a travesty.

Paris says she will no longer "act dumb."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/11/paris.hilton.ap/index.html

I heard something to the effect that Paris has declared that she "will be more involved in her personal decisions". :rofl:

Astronuc said:
I heard something to the effect that Paris has declared that she "will be more involved in her personal decisions". :rofl:
One can only hope. :bugeye:

Astronuc said:

hilarious!:rofl:

Astronuc said:

Yeah, apparently she has several personal assistants that do everything for her. One of them said she could drive her car with no license for "business purposes".

See, this is what i don't get. If i were loaded i'd deal with all matters myself. Ok, most of us do that anyway but when you are the lucky owner of a big fat wallet you should be extra careful. If i would own a company, i would deal with all financial matters MYSELF. I just would not trust my money in the hands of others.

marlon

What I don't understand is that with all her money, why didn't she have a chauffer to drive her around when she lost her license?

Evo said:
What I don't understand is that with all her money, why didn't she have a chauffer to drive her around when she lost her license?
Bad advice? :biggrin:

On the news last night they mentioned that she had been actually held at the medical treatment center of the main county jail. Only last night was she transferred to the infirmary of her own little Hollywood Hilton. If all goes well, in a few days she will be well enough to be put back into a regular cell just in time to be released.

It looks like either the Sheriff found a way around the judge after all, or that was one helluva rash.

edward said:
On the news last night they mentioned that she had been actually held at the medical treatment center of the main county jail. Only last night was she transferred to the infirmary of her own little Hollywood Hilton. If all goes well, in a few days she will be well enough to be put back into a regular cell just in time to be released.

It looks like either the Sheriff found a way around the judge after all, or that was one helluva rash.
The cost for incarcerating an inmate there is $99 and change/day - the cost for her "medical" incarceration is many times that - over $1000/day, but what the hey! Nothing's too good for our princess.

If i would own a company, i would deal with all financial matters MYSELF. I just would not trust my money in the hands of others.

That's why so many people lose money quickly, or end-up in debt. If you had as big of a wallet as Paris, the numbers would be much too complicated to deal with by yourself. You'd at least need a business manager with some sort of a finance background or an accountant to look after your money.

Most news stories I've read say that she refused to eat and barely slept. So that's why they keep her there.

Dagenais said:
Most news stories I've read say that she refused to eat and barely slept. So that's why they keep her there.
Have you seen pictures of her? She may have gotten less sleep in jail, but I'll bet her caloric intake was about par for her.

Dagenais said:
You'd at least need a business manager with some sort of a finance background or an accountant to look after your money.
I doubt it because the numbers may be bigger but the "operations" stay the same. Anyway, i would maybe hire some kind of a business ASSISTANT or ADVISOR but not a MANAGER. I will do the managing.

marlon

I agree with you Marlon Brando.

Ditto. The sad thing about people like Paris Hilton is that have squander significant opportunities, which are well above what most others will ever have. That seems to be a problem with people who have everything given to them. Her parents should have had have expected her to work or get a good education.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I agree with you Marlon Brando.
:approve:
See, i have always known you were i smart guy. Takes one to know one. :wink:

Astronuc said:
Her parents should have had have expected her to work or get a good education.
Though what you say may sound a bit, err, you know "cliché", you are completely right. After having gone through this process of education etc etc she would have had a better grasp on reality and what real live is about. She wouldn't have to go to prison for such stupid reasons.

If you want to go to prison, make sure you get convicted for a cool reason like mass murdering or mega fraude (rip off the entire republican party for example). Otherwise, you would just be considered some lowlife kitty by your "inmate peers", and what possible good could come from a sissy in jail. ?

marlon

Last edited:
Dagenais said:

Then that would also have been the reason that they sent her home the first time around. :rolleyes:

Do you think the average prisoner is sent to the hospital for the same reasons? Not hardly.

edward said:
Then that would also have been the reason that they sent her home the first time around. :rolleyes:

Do you think the average prisoner is sent to the hospital for the same reasons? Not hardly.
Really! The guy caught with some pot won't eat jail food, doesn't sleep much, and whines a lot? He's doing his whole 3 years, regardless.

edward said:

Well the average prisoner isn't sitting on a fortune...

turbo-1 said:
Really! The guy caught with some pot won't eat jail food, doesn't sleep much, and whines a lot? He's doing his whole 3 years, regardless.

In California, the guy caught with some pot would get a $100 fine and no jail time. I don't think any state puts a person away for 3 years for possession of marijuana.

http://www.norml.org/pdf_files/state_arrests_2004/coi_app4.pdf

The wife of the prosecutor in the Hilton case served no time for a very smilar offense.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20070620-1953-ca-parishilton-prosecutor.html

Edit: Ironically, I just noticed I initially voted to throw the book at her and give her the maximum sentence.

Paris will be paid $1 million for an interview after she leaves jail. This is sickening.

Are we still talking about Paris?

BTW, she's hot.

Dagenais said:

drankin said:
Are we still talking about Paris?

BTW, she's hot.

I guess that would explain why she wasn't eating and sleeping. Still, most people in the jail managed to adjust to the heat.

Err :uhh: or is that what you meant? :rofl: