Control Flow Rate & Pressure of Boiler Steam Engine

In summary: Pressure release valves are used to release pressure from a steam engine when the pressure gets too high.
y2j
How can one control the flow rate and the pressure of the outlet steam from the Boiler of steam engine

Engineering news on Phys.org
THANKS
I would like to built a small electrical boiler to generate steam
the outlet steam (must be at a specified pressure and flow rate ) from boiler can use in another purposes.
Anyone can give me an idea about the "control of the flow rate and the pressure of the out steam "
thanks again

y2j said:
THANKS
I would like to built a small electrical boiler to generate steam
the outlet steam (must be at a specified pressure and flow rate ) from boiler can use in another purposes.
Anyone can give me an idea about the "control of the flow rate and the pressure of the out steam "
thanks again

That would be done with a devise called a valve. The valve of course, would have to be controlled by devices that sense pressure and flow rate.

ps. Are you building a steam driven car?

what is the name of these devises of "pressure and flow rate."

I will design and manufacturing a prototype of power plant.

y2j said:
what is the name of these devises of "pressure...
Pressure gauge.
...and flow rate."

A name, for a device, that measures flow?

hmmmm...

purple.minion.scream.jpg

I will design and manufacturing a prototype of power plant.

If you hang around PF long enough, we will help you with that.

ominionoticon.jpg

really
I mean a device that keep the pressure and flow rate at constant value not to their measure

y2j said:
really
I mean a device that keep the pressure and flow rate at constant value not to their measure

As I said, it's called a valve.

But without measuring devices, this requires a constant pressure source, and a constant steam absorbing load.

spend some time familiarizing yourself with the terminology and devices.

Here's the site of an old line steam equipment supplier.
http://armstrongflow.com.au/

1. What is the purpose of controlling the flow rate and pressure of a boiler steam engine?

The main purpose of controlling the flow rate and pressure of a boiler steam engine is to ensure safe and efficient operation of the engine. By controlling these factors, the engine can maintain a steady output of energy and prevent any potential damage or accidents.

2. How is the flow rate and pressure of a boiler steam engine controlled?

The flow rate and pressure of a boiler steam engine can be controlled through various methods, such as adjusting the fuel input, regulating the amount of air intake, and manipulating the steam valve. These controls allow the operator to adjust the engine's output according to the desired requirements.

3. What are the consequences of inadequate control of flow rate and pressure in a boiler steam engine?

Inadequate control of the flow rate and pressure in a boiler steam engine can lead to various issues, such as inefficient operation, decreased energy output, and potential equipment damage. It can also pose a safety hazard to the operator and surrounding environment.

4. How does the control of flow rate and pressure in a boiler steam engine impact its overall performance?

The control of flow rate and pressure in a boiler steam engine directly affects its overall performance. By maintaining optimal levels, the engine can operate at maximum efficiency and produce a consistent and reliable output of energy. In contrast, inadequate control can lead to decreased performance and potential breakdowns.

5. What are the key factors to consider when determining the appropriate flow rate and pressure for a boiler steam engine?

The key factors to consider when determining the appropriate flow rate and pressure for a boiler steam engine include the type and size of the engine, the desired output, the type of fuel being used, and the surrounding environmental conditions. It is essential to carefully calculate and adjust these factors to ensure safe and efficient operation of the engine.