• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Steam plant question.

Im attempting this question for an evening class im attending. hope im posting in the right place. I'm not sure where I have gone wrong think its where I rearranged my formula to find steam output.

Question attached below

Attachments

Answers and Replies

The work is a bit unclear. I'll get back to you in a day or so.

Ok Thanks

I think I calculated the steam output wrong, I have the over all efficiently of the system 77%, what formula do I use the calculate steam output?

Q=M(h2-h1)

Yeah that's the one..!
For calculating the steam output, you can directly use the 77% efficiency without involving the economizer and super heater (if I'm not wrong).
So 77% of the heat obtained from the combustion of coal is used to convert water to steam.

Yeah that's the one..!
For calculating the steam output, you can directly use the 77% efficiency without involving the economizer and super heater (if I'm not wrong).
So 77% of the heat obtained from the combustion of coal is used to convert water to steam.
77% is the overall efficiency am I right ? So did I divide .77 by h2-h1 to get steam output?

77% is the overall efficiency am I right ? So did I divide .77 by h2-h1 to get steam output?
Yes! And equate it with the energy provided by the combustion of coal. Tell me if that gives the right answer.

6244.09 kg/h

I meant did you get the right answer?