Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Steam tables

1. Aug 2, 2005 #1
    I've been looking for steam tables on the internet, but all that I can find are those steam table computer programs.

So... Does anyone know a site which has the old fashioned steam tables?

And which of those steam table computer programs would be worth getting?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2005 #2
  4. Aug 5, 2005 #3
    Thanks, Quark. :smile:
  5. Jun 2, 2006 #4
    You will find the steam tables you are lookinf for at the following link
    steam tables

they can can be viewed online for free or downloaded:!!)
  6. Jul 7, 2006 #5
    Perrys Handbook for Chemical Engineers. On-line edition now available. Genius.
  7. Aug 3, 2006 #6
    Yea, that's what always use. Its quite complete :smile:
  8. Sep 4, 2006 #7

Staff: Mentor

9. Jan 11, 2007 #8
    i bought mine from waterstones for £7.50 ( part of the amazon group), so try amazon on-line.
  10. Jan 12, 2007 #9

Gold Member

Shows you how much of an engineer I am; I was thinking of restaurant equipment. :rolleyes:
  11. Jan 12, 2007 #10

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's times like this I never quite know whether you're being serious or not! :smile:

Mine were (ahem) originally from Waterstones too. Well, the (cough) original copy from which mine were (ahem) obtained was. Obviously it'd be wrong to suggest you illegally photocopy a set, we're dead against copyright infringement here at PF.
  12. Jan 13, 2007 #11

Gold Member

Actually, I was. I worked in a bar/restaurant for over 20 years, so the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the title of the thread was the steam table setup that we used to keep the buffet dishes hot. I realized my error as soon as the subject of software popped up. :redface:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?