Exploring STEM Opportunities for High School Students

• Other
  • Thread starter PetSounds
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jobs Stem
  • Featured
In summary, there are several options available for high school students looking for STEM-related work, such as internships, tutoring, and IT jobs. However, these opportunities may require a certain level of skills and experience, and high school students may face challenges with liability and reliability. Nonetheless, it is still possible for high school students to gain valuable work experience and showcase their reliability, which can benefit their future endeavors.
Once was the occasional job posting at either HIGH SCHOOL "career center" or "job center" office (just guessing since the CC's have/had them too) for laboratory or science or engineering related part time positions. Maybe this is still done today. I knew a student who did some lab work, to take a certain workload task off of the professional lab staff. Not much Chemistry or other hard science was needed for the job, but any science schooling and lab class experience was enough to start. Everything was learned through on-the-job training. This person started in the job while in high school.

Likes Dr. Courtney
Physics news on Phys.org
about a year ago my older brother was offered a pharmaceutical lab assistant job, I suggest contacting nearby labs and such and seeing if they have openings or internships available

Likes Dr. Courtney