What Are the Steps Involved in Enzyme Synthesis?

• Thread starter i-rock-roll
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Synthesis
In summary, enzyme synthesis involves several steps starting with transcription, where the DNA sequence for the enzyme is transcribed into mRNA. The mRNA then travels to the ribosome for translation, where tRNA molecules bring amino acids to assemble the enzyme according to the mRNA code. Chaperone proteins guide the newly synthesized enzyme into its correct shape, and post-translational modification may occur for the enzyme to become fully functional.
i-rock-roll
Can anyone help me describe the steps of the enzyme synthesis diagram. Please describe each step 1, 2 ,3 http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/learning/bitesize/standard/biology/investigating_cells/enzymes_and_aerobic_respiration_rev4.shtml

THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
i-rock-roll said:
Can anyone help me describe the steps of the enzyme synthesis diagram. Please describe each step 1, 2 ,3 http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/learning/bitesize/standard/biology/investigating_cells/enzymes_and_aerobic_respiration_rev4.shtml

Please read forum rules. We can help you, but you have to try first. Simply describe what you see.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the first step in enzyme synthesis?

The first step in enzyme synthesis is transcription, where the DNA sequence for the enzyme is transcribed into mRNA.

2. What happens after transcription in enzyme synthesis?

The mRNA then travels out of the nucleus and into the cytoplasm, where it attaches to a ribosome for translation.

3. What is the role of tRNA in enzyme synthesis?

tRNA molecules bring amino acids to the ribosome, where they are assembled in the correct sequence according to the mRNA code.

4. How is the enzyme folded into its correct shape during synthesis?

The newly synthesized enzyme is guided into its correct shape by chaperone proteins, which help prevent misfolding and ensure proper function.

5. What is the final step in enzyme synthesis?

The final step is post-translational modification, where the enzyme may undergo additional changes such as the addition of a cofactor or cleavage of certain peptide bonds to become fully functional.