Sticking stuff on your forehead

• Thread starter Galileo
  • Start date
In summary: Just don't get caught between an ulna and a radius. It's one of the hardest places.In summary, the seminar guy was talking about how you can achieve most or all goals you set for yourself with the right mindset by focusing on your mental energy and aura. He showed us how to measure our auras with coins, and said that when you are stressed or ill your aura will be diminished. Some people think that the aura is actually Electric or Magnetic, but I don't think that's what was happening around the young, attractive woman I saw it around. I think my mind was creating a metaphor for her emotions. Some people have tried it and it has worked on some parts of their body, but not others. And you
Galileo
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I've been to some seminar about 'brainpower' and there was this guy explaining how incredible your brain is and that you can achieve most or all goals you set for yourself with the right mindset.

I agreed with him on many things and there were some nice demonstrations, but then he went a bit off the deep end, talking albout mental energy and aura's. He took a coin and stuck it on his forehead. And we all got our coins, spoons and keys and you can really just stick them on your forehead, you can sometimes even feel some pressure pushing it against you. I tried it at home and I could bend my head pretty far forward before it fell off. The guy said it's because that area contains the highest concentration of mental energy (it doesn't work on your arm for example) and he began telling that people could magnetize their bodies. I don't see how that's related, since the euro coins we used are not magnetic. (But I didn't mention that to him in front of the audience).

Which begs the question: Why does it stick? Obvious answers refer to sweaty or greasy skin, but you can wipe it clean. Wash yourself thoroughly there and wipe on it with a lot of tonic, but the coins still stick. Also, he said it doesn't work as well when you are stressed, since then your 'mental energy' and your aura is diminished.

How much serious research has been done on subjects of this nature? Some say your aura can be measured, but they just identify it with the electromagnetic field every person has around them. But does that diminish when you are stressed or ill like they say your aura does?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I saw an aura around a woman once, and I would find it hard to believe it was electric or electromagnetic. Instead I think it was a kind of hallucinated metaphor for my emotional assessment of her. This woman was young, attractive, seemed to be in a great mood, and walked with the confidence and energy of someone who must be in excellent health. Consequently, I saw a very nice, well formed, spherical bubble of light around her. But it had a superimposed quality to it that made it seem more like something my mind was adding, rather than something authentically attached to her that I was suddenly able to see.

Anybody who has ever been to a strip joint knows coins will stick anywhere.

A forearm with a radius is one of the hardest places because when you press the coin down the elastic forces pushing back are uneven. The coin is pulled away at the edges, reducing the area of contact.

The forehead is a nice, flat spot to ensure lots of surface area contact, and its near the brain, so it ensures that naive people will buy that bogus forces are at work.

And yes, the more oil and sweat the better (see strip club, above).

bioactive said:
A forearm with a radius is one of the hardest places because when you press the coin down the elastic forces pushing back are uneven. The coin is pulled away at the edges, reducing the area of contact.
This makes perfect sense. I was thinking it must be the hair.

bioactive said:
A forearm with a radius is one of the hardest places...
My forearm has an ulna and a radius! Doesn't everyone's?

Gokul43201 said:
My forearm has an ulna and a radius! Doesn't everyone's?
Just don't get caught between an ulna and a radius. It's one of the hardest places.

bioactive said:

The forehead is a nice, flat spot to ensure lots of surface area contact, and its near the brain, so it ensures that naive people will buy that bogus forces are at work.

And yes, the more oil and sweat the better (see strip club, above).
Have you tried?
It won't stick anywhere but on my forehead. Not on my chest, my back my relatively muscular legs, other flat parts of my body or my sweaty feet. And you can wipe your forehead with whatever you want, it will still stick.

Galileo said:
Have you tried?
It won't stick anywhere but on my forehead. Not on my chest, my back my relatively muscular legs, other flat parts of my body or my sweaty feet. And you can wipe your forehead with whatever you want, it will still stick.
I tried it and it sticks to my forehead, my temples, the top of my cheeks, the back of my neck, my chest, basically anyplace that is a bit moist and oily from perspiration. Your feet might be moist, but they're not oily.

Evo said:
I tried it and it sticks to my forehead, my temples, the top of my cheeks, the back of my neck, my chest, basically anyplace that is a bit moist and oily from perspiration. Your feet might be moist, but they're not oily.
Could you take a picture of the one where you stick it to your chest and post it?

zoobyshoe said:
Could you take a picture of the one where you stick it to your chest and post it?
:rofl: I'm afraid you're going to have to take my word on it.

heh

Now I have to do some research on this matter.

I wonder how many people, upon reading this now have a quarter on their forehead. I know I do! :rofl:. Anyway, lol

I can stick it on my chest as well.

I have better luck if I wash and dry the skin first. Also, warm up the spoon by rubbing it.
Nose tip, temples, sides of nose, upper cheeks, and forehead seem to work best.

1. Can sticking stuff on your forehead cause any harm?

It depends on what you are sticking on your forehead. Some materials may contain harmful chemicals that can irritate your skin or cause an allergic reaction. It is important to read the instructions and ingredients of any product before using it on your skin.

2. Why do people stick stuff on their forehead?

Some people believe that certain materials or substances can have healing or spiritual properties when applied to the forehead. Others may do it as a part of a cultural or religious practice. Some people also do it for fun or as a fashion statement.

3. Is there a right way to stick stuff on your forehead?

Yes, there are certain precautions to take when sticking stuff on your forehead. It is important to make sure the material is safe for your skin, to clean the area before and after application, and to not apply anything too heavy or restrictive that can cause discomfort or damage to your skin.

4. What materials can I stick on my forehead?

There is a wide range of materials that people stick on their foreheads, including essential oils, crystals, herbs, makeup, and even temporary tattoos. It is important to research and make sure the material is safe for your skin before using it.

5. Is there any scientific evidence that sticking stuff on your forehead has any benefits?

There is limited scientific research on the benefits of sticking stuff on your forehead. Some studies have shown that certain essential oils and herbs may have therapeutic effects when applied topically, but more research is needed. It is always best to consult with a medical professional before trying any new practice on your skin.