Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sticky of the new guidelines?

1. Feb 12, 2006 #1
    When will P&WA get a sticky for these?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2006 #2

SOS2008

Gold Member

For now, you can look at the upper-right hand of your screen and click on the 4th green button down from the top.

4. Feb 12, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

We're still working on the new guidelines. One of the changes you will see is a shorter duration ban in P&WA for non-serious offenses. We think this is more appropriate than the current 21 day ban due to the nature of most of the warnings here being for someone losing their temper. If they are an otherwise good member that loses their composure due to a heated discussion, a short "time-out" is probably all that is necessary for them to regain their composure. No reason to make them sit out 3 weeks.

5. Feb 13, 2006 #4
    Hmmmm... I see that posts in P&WA don't count towards your post count any more lol.

6. Feb 13, 2006 #5

SOS2008

Gold Member

That's because politics is not considered worthy.

7. Feb 13, 2006 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

They don't? We hadn't discussed that, but Greg did just make some changes to the forum, and a member just pm'd me that his post count just dropped by 300 posts. Hmmmm.

8. Feb 13, 2006 #7
    I just noticed because of the new member posting here and his count was still at zero. As far as I can tell my post count hasn't dropped.:confused:

I understand to some degree. In the science forums someone might be able to gleen an idea of who has more experience in the forums by their post count. Not exactly the best method of determining who to listen to though I think that's supposed to be the idea of post counts in general.
    Ofcourse quibbling over such a thing I think is a bit silly from either end.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?