1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stiffness modification method

1. Feb 12, 2017 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I dont understand why the stiffness for span have extension pin stated from original stiffness ... According to online notes , for the far end pin / roller , the k is 3EI / L but not 3EI / 4L , is the notes wrong ? And i dont understand what is AA' beam , can someone explain about it ? According to online notes , for the far end pin / roller , the k is 3EI / L but not 3EI / 4L , is the notes wrong ? And i dont understand what is AA' beam , can someone explain about it ?
    . And I also dont understand why the span beam have extension pin is 3/4 from the original stiffness ? It's now shown in the notes ..

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I think the notes is wrong , it should be 3EI / 4L ..

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Feb 19, 2017 #3
    Can you help ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted