Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stimulating Your Math-head!

1. Jan 7, 2008 #1
    Hey guys, I didn't know exactly where to stick this thread, but here seemed like a good place since it pertains to math the most.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any games that stimulate the same areas of the brain as mathematics, sort of another way to work that area and take the pure maths monotony away that I seem to get so much of every day (please, no Sudoku links, I already know that game well, :)).

I know that doing math is obviously the best way to stimulate the brain in that(/those?) area(s?), but a little something different every once in awhile can't be a bad thing!

Any games (or programs or whatever) are much appreciated. Cheers!

PS, don't be afraid to share your logic games, too.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

I really enjoy the Math Calendar put out by these folks:

Each day of the year has a math puzzle -- the answer is the day of the month itself, but some of the problems are hard! Nice variety of problems from different math subject areas too.
  4. Jan 7, 2008 #3
    Ha! The one nerdy thing I haven't ordered yet. On its way. :)
  5. Jan 8, 2008 #4

Gib Z

Homework Helper

Feynman had a nice method of always keeping 10 interesting mathematical problems in your mind. They don't have to be unproved theorems, just little things that are hard for you at the moment. If you always have them in the back of your head, when you happen to run into something that helps, you'll know straight away you are making some progress on a problem!!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?