• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Bladibla said:
I find that brie is the best cheese
I like brie, but to me, that's a mild cheese (unless they just don't send us the "good stuff" here in the US). It certainly goes well with everything, and the double cream brie has a wonderfully buttery taste to me.

I once made a dish from the wonderful baby swiss, only to have my company ask what smelled so bad? I said bad? they said yes, like dirty laundry...I said it was there dinner:uhh: Talk about a odd strech of silence.

But they did try it, and even went back for seconds. Although I was never sure if they really liked it, or were just makeing up for the dirty laundry statment.

Evo
Mentor
hypatia said:
I once made a dish from the wonderful baby swiss, only to have my company ask what smelled so bad? I said bad? they said yes, like dirty laundry...I said it was there dinner:uhh:
:rofl: Good comeback hypatia!!

Now Moonbear has me craving odd cheeses. :grumpy:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
Now Moonbear has me craving odd cheeses. :grumpy:
:redface: Sorry.

I can appreciate the "dirty laundry" comment about Swiss cheese. I'm not a fan of Swiss cheese. Though, I actually never noticed anything funny about the smell...to me it smells totally innocuous. It's when I bite into it that I realize someone used Swiss on a dish. It always has a sour taste to me that I just don't like. I prefer to swap provolone for the Swiss cheese in dishes that usually have Swiss.

I like mozzarella and feta cheese. I'm guessing swiss cheese would be good.

And of course, I will taste all smelly feet from now on...

Evo
Mentor
cefarix said:
And of course, I will taste all smelly feet from now on...
:yuck: Ugh, I could have done without reading that. :uhh: