Why are the stock prices of computer companies decreasing?

• Thread starter fredreload
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary: Let's start a new thread to discuss the advancements in supercomputers and the efforts of companies like IBM and Intel to make their processors faster. In summary, the stock prices of electrical companies have been fluctuating due to various factors such as market conditions and seasonal changes. However, the focus now seems to be on advancements in supercomputers and the efforts of companies like IBM and Intel to improve their processors.
fredreload
I checked the stock price for a few electrical companies and the stock price seems to be going down, what is the cause of that? Since I live oversea I'd like to know

Computer science news on Phys.org
Stocks go up and stocks go down. My dad's a stock broker. I have a friend who owns a realty agency in Seattle. He told me the other day he lost $60,000 out of his retirement fund last week because of the dip in the market. But he'll probably get it back next week because that's how the markets go. If we were prescient in judging the vicissitudes of the market, we'd all be rich. But it's a chaotic system, not easy to pin down. Watch the movie Pi.

Likes russ_watters
Do you mean just recently? My guess is that kids are going back to school after the end of winter break, and if their parents are going to work then that means houses that are empty and not using electricity for a big chunk of the day so the companies aren't selling as much energy. Like DiracPopol said, there's always going to be some little thing subtly driving prices up or down and it's usually impossible to know for sure why the markets did what they did at any particular time.

Your thread title asks about computer companies and your post asks about electrical companies. Do you have some reason for thinking these are the same thing?

Likes davenn
My mistake, electrical company make computer parts, from what I've seen they've been declining for over a year
I'm concerned with companies that make supercomputers

fredreload said:
My mistake, electrical company make computer parts, from what I've seen they've been declining for over a year
I'm concerned with companies that make supercomputers
What electrical companies make computers? I do not know of any.

Forgive my English, company for processors, RAM, and CPU

Evo said:
What electrical companies make computers? I do not know of any.
Perhaps this is unique to your country, in which case you would have to be specific and name the companies and countries. This is an American based forum, and this is not the case in America.

fredreload said:
Companies like Intel or IBM

I'm waiting for like the next generation of supercomputer to come out you see
Ok, neither of those companies are electric companies and neither make personal computers. IBM sold off their personal computer business to Lenovo years ago. Intel makes processors, not computers.

Not sure why you are concerned with supercomputers.

Can I change my thread question to the current advancement in supercomputer and things they are trying out to make their processor faster for IBM and Intel?

fredreload said:
Can I change my thread question to the current advancement in supercomputer and things they are trying out to make their processor faster for IBM and Intel?
Better to just abandon this thread and start a new one. This one is going nowhere.

I'm sure your English is MUCH better than my <fill in your native language> :smile: so don't let that bother you.

phinds said:
Better to just abandon this thread and start a new one. This one is going nowhere.

I'm sure your English is MUCH better than my <fill in your native language> :smile: so don't let that bother you.
Agreed.

1. What is the current stock price of a specific computer company?

The current stock price of a computer company can vary and is constantly changing. It can be found by looking up the company's ticker symbol on a financial website or app.

2. How do computer company stocks perform in comparison to other industries?

The performance of computer company stocks can vary depending on market conditions and the company's financial performance. However, in recent years, the tech industry and computer companies have generally outperformed other industries.

3. What factors can affect the stock price of a computer company?

There are many factors that can affect the stock price of a computer company, including overall market conditions, company financial performance, industry trends, and news or events related to the company or its competitors.

4. Are computer company stocks a good investment?

The potential for a good return on investment in computer company stocks depends on individual risk tolerance and market conditions. As with any investment, it is important to do thorough research and consult a financial advisor before making any decisions.

5. How can I track the performance of a specific computer company's stock?

You can track the performance of a specific computer company's stock by regularly checking its stock ticker symbol on a financial website or app. You can also set up alerts or notifications for any significant changes in the stock's price.