Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stop closing my threads!

1. Oct 4, 2005 #1
    ok, to the admins, quit closing my rpg threads, i don't care if you guys think i am on my own with this one, what does that have to do with closing my threads, "oh, i see this guy is asking how to figure out the physics of his rpg, well, i dont know sooo...cllooossseeedd...there, if i can't answer, no one is." really, i would really appreciate some help and just because you selected few cannot help me why should you close it rendering help to me impossible? if it is possible can you "un-block" one of my threads so i can recieve help? if not ill just post another shortly and i ask that you please, please do not close it so i may recieve help.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Feedback goes in the Feedback Forum, not the General Physics Forum.

Who do you think you are talking to? This website is privately owned and operated. We set the rules, not you.

That is not why your thread was closed. Your thread was closed because it was deemed unwholesome by the Staff.

The best advice we can give you is to abandon this foolish project. You are more likely to hurt yourself than anything else.

Do that, and you'll find yourself banned from this website.
  4. Oct 4, 2005 #3
    fine, I don't care about the explosion and my parents were not to thrilled with my plan either, regardless of the CO2 cartridge i still have a perfectly good d-class rocket engine i would like to put to use, if i do a "virtual promise" not to do anything involving an explosion, will you help me then?
  5. Oct 4, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Glad to hear it.

Yes, model rocketry is a-ok for Physics Forums.
  6. Oct 4, 2005 #5
    I posted it on the general physics front page. i hope to hear some input from you.
  7. Oct 4, 2005 #6

Gold Member

wow, on the front page :wink:
  8. Oct 4, 2005 #7
    yeah, do you see it on any other?
  9. Oct 6, 2005 #8

Staff: Mentor

It is quite possible that the construction of an RPG by an unlicensed individual, especially a minor, is illegal and thus constitutes criminal activity!

Model rocketry, with commercially approved and legally sanctioned model rockets is one thing, but constructing a missle with an explosive warhead may breach legal boundaries.

As ZapperZ indicated in one closed thread, PF does not condone the development of an RPG.
  10. Oct 6, 2005 #9
    A little late on the post there buddy, If you haven't noticed there have been many people with views identical to yours and i gave the idea up.
  11. Oct 6, 2005 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At first, when I read this thread, I thought he was talking about a role-playing game. Now that I know what he's talking about, I'm gonna have to go with that being completely insane. :yuck:
  12. Oct 6, 2005 #11
    My thoughts exactly! :rofl:
  13. Oct 6, 2005 #12
    after being conviced that, I also agree...now.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?