Stop Keylogger: Find Free Anti-Keylogger (Win X)

• Thread starter christinalee
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a question about finding an effective and preferably free anti-keylogger for Windows X operating system. It is suggested to use a search engine or reformat the computer as a solution. It is also advised to save important information before reformatting, and external hard drives or discs are recommended for backups. One of the participants also shares their understanding of a keylogger.
christinalee
Hello,everybody!This is the first time I've been here. But I have a very urgent question to ask! Where to find effective anti-keylooger to stop the keylogger in my computer (windows X)? (If it's free ,that will be better)Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
OK!Thank you in advance ! I will try .If i format it ,how about my other information ?all lost?and if I have any difficulty ,I will come to you again.Thank you very much!

If you reformat try and save all of your important/wanted information onto another hard drive if you have one. Either that or onto discs. If you don't save it, it will all be lost.

KrisOhn said:
If you reformat try and save all of your important/wanted information onto another hard drive if you have one. Either that or onto discs. If you don't save it, it will all be lost.

I got it! Thank you so~~much! It' a huge project for me.

Formatting is usually the best option after you think you've been infected with a virus. Just make sure you have everything you need before you begin. You'll need a Windows disk and a valid serial number to activate it. If you bought your computer from an OEM (like Dell) there is a good chance you won't have the disk.

I agree an external hard drive, thumb drive, or burned CD/DVDs are the best bet for backups.

What's a keyblogger? Is it a malware program that reads your keystrokes and then posts them in a blog? :biggrin:

1. What is a keylogger and why do I need to stop it?

A keylogger is a type of software that records every keystroke you make on your computer, including sensitive information like passwords and credit card numbers. It is important to stop keyloggers because they can be used by hackers to steal your personal information and compromise your privacy and security.

2. How can I tell if I have a keylogger on my computer?

If you notice unusual behavior on your computer, such as programs crashing or files being deleted without your knowledge, it could be a sign that you have a keylogger installed. You can also use anti-keylogger software to scan your computer for any potential threats.

3. What is the best way to protect my computer from keyloggers?

The best way to protect your computer from keyloggers is to use a reputable anti-keylogger software. These programs can detect and block keyloggers from recording your keystrokes. It is also important to practice safe internet habits, such as avoiding clicking on suspicious links or downloading files from unknown sources.

4. Are there any free anti-keylogger programs available for Windows?

Yes, there are several free anti-keylogger programs available for Windows, such as Spybot - Search & Destroy, Zemana AntiLogger, and Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit. These programs can help protect your computer from keyloggers without costing you any money.

5. How often should I run an anti-keylogger scan on my computer?

It is recommended to run an anti-keylogger scan on your computer at least once a week to ensure that your system is free from any potential threats. However, if you notice any unusual activity on your computer, it is best to run a scan immediately to check for keyloggers or other malware.