Strain Gage Research: Seeking Physics-Based Sites

In summary, the speaker is looking for links to strain gage research sites for their project. They specify that they are not interested in gage-maker sites and are searching for more physics-based sites. The speaker has not found any helpful information yet and is asking for assistance. The only relevant discussion they have found was on Omega's site. The speaker suggests checking with organizations like ISA for white papers, but notes that the information may not be publicly available.
djklocek
Hello.

I'd like to ask you if you know any links to strain gage research sites. I'm going to design a full bridge gage but I'd like to read something first.
I'm not talking about gage-maker sites, such as vishay,omega,hbm,etc.
I already read them all.

I'm interested in more physics-based sites. For example what influence on measurement has changing of pattern width or pitch, etching materials research, etc.
I'm searching and still nothing.

Can you help me at your nearest convenience?

Best regards

Engineering news on Phys.org
Oh... one month passed on waiting.
:cry:

Strangely, the only such discussion I've read was on Omega's site.

Vishay and Omega are great resources. I think the information you are looking for is not going to be in the public domian. If you are a member, you may check with organisations like ISA for white papers.

What is a strain gage?

A strain gage is a device that measures the amount of strain or deformation on an object. It typically consists of a thin wire or foil that changes resistance when stretched or compressed, allowing for the measurement of strain.

Why is strain gage research important?

Strain gage research is important because it allows scientists to better understand the physical properties of materials and structures. This information can then be used to improve the design and performance of various products and systems.

What is the goal of seeking physics-based sites for strain gage research?

The goal of seeking physics-based sites for strain gage research is to find locations on an object that experience the most strain, as these areas can provide valuable information about the object's behavior and performance under stress.

What types of materials can be studied using strain gages?

Strain gages can be used to study a wide range of materials, including metals, composites, plastics, and even biological tissues. This makes them a versatile tool for research in various fields such as engineering, materials science, and biomechanics.

How are strain gages applied to an object?

Strain gages are typically applied to an object using an adhesive or by embedding them into the material. The gage is then connected to a measurement device, such as a data logger, that records the changes in resistance and calculates the strain on the object.