Calculating Acceleration & Force of Strain Thread

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of counting acceleration and force in a given scenario involving weights and a strain thread. The asker is seeking clarification on how to approach the problem and the responder provides specific equations and steps to solve it. The conversation also mentions the use of Newton's 2nd law to find the solution.
irrehaare
J must count acceleration of each weight and the force of strain thread. Here is a picture:

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 437
Physics news on Phys.org
so nobody know the answer or i wrote quastion to complicated ?

Well, for one thing your question is not very clear! What are you trying to do?For another, this is the homework forum and you haven't shown that you have tried anything yourself!

of cours i tried but it is a exercaise from book and i have an answer at the end. But my solution is incorrect. So i ask here. And i tried to count forces work on thread on my picture.

Uhmm, let a0 be the acceleration of the movable pulley with respect to the ground.
Positive direction downward.
Let a1 be the acceleration of the m1 with respect to the ground.
Let a'2 be the acceleration of the m2 with respect to the movable pulley (that's how the m2 moves in the movable pulley's view).
Let a'3 be the acceleration of the m3 with respect to the movable pulley (that's how the m3 moves in the movable pulley's view.).
So the acceleration of m2 with respect to the ground is a2 = a'2 + a0, the acceleration of m3 with respect to the ground is a3 = a'3 + a0.
And you have a0 = -a1 (The acceleration of the movable pulley and the m1 is the same in magnitude but in opposite direction).
Since the mass of the movable pulley is negligible, the resultant force acts on it must be [itex]\vec{0}[/itex].
You can use Newton's 2nd law to solve this problem.
Viet Dao,

1. What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate at which an object's velocity changes over time. It is measured in units of distance per time squared, such as meters per second squared (m/s^2).

2. How do you calculate acceleration?

Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in an object's velocity by the change in time. The formula for acceleration is a = (vf - vi)/t, where vf is the final velocity, vi is the initial velocity, and t is the change in time.

3. What is force of strain thread?

Force of strain thread refers to the amount of force applied to a thread or string when it is pulled taut. This force is also known as tension and it is measured in units of newtons (N).

4. How do you calculate force of strain thread?

The formula for calculating force of strain thread is F = m * a, where F is force, m is mass, and a is acceleration. This formula is based on Newton's Second Law of Motion, which states that force is equal to mass times acceleration.

5. How is acceleration related to force of strain thread?

Acceleration and force of strain thread are directly related. When a thread or string is pulled taut, it experiences a force of strain that causes it to accelerate. The greater the force of strain, the greater the acceleration of the thread. This relationship is described by Newton's Second Law of Motion.