What 10 CDs Would You Bring to a Desert Island?

• Thread starter photon
  • Start date
In summary, if stranded on a desert island and could only bring 10 CDs, here are the ones I would take: - Led Zepplelin remasters- Bruce Springsteen (born in the USA)- Boston (boston)- Pink Floyd (dark side of the moon)- Queens Greatest Hits- The "A Knights Tale" soundtrack- The Beatles (1967-70)- Fleetwood Mac (rumors)- Paul Mcaurtney and wings (band on the run)- Neil Young Greatest Hits- Neil Young Greatest Hits
photon
if you were stranded on a desert island, and could bring just 10 cds, what ones would you take with you?
me: (in no particular order)

1: led zepplelin remasters
2: bruce springsteen (born in the usa)
3: boston (boston)
4: pink floyd (dark side of the moon)
5: queens greatest hits
6: the "a knights tale" soundtrack
7: the beatles (1967-70)
8: fleetwood mac (rumors)
9: paul mcaurtney and wings (band on the run)
10: neil young greatest hits

these r from the top of my head so there are some others

Physics news on Phys.org
Wouldn't it be easier just to bring my ipod? 10,000 songs on something a lot smaller and much more portable than 10 CD cases.

besides, 10 CDs wouldn't be any good unless you had a way to play them.

I'd go with audio books, like "10 Easy Ways to Build a Raft From Sticks," or "The Way to Tell Poisonous Berries From the Other Kind."

Zorodius said:
I'd go with audio books, like "10 Easy Ways to Build a Raft From Sticks," or "The Way to Tell Poisonous Berries From the Other Kind."

On the ipod. With a solar power cell.

I couldn't handle it and would refuse to take any, plus, out of frustration and boredom I would probably make my own lame music and after awhile it would probably sound even better, especially better than getting brain locked on one song.

you guys are nerds

Any 10 cds. then I'd carefully construct a parabolic reflector with them to focus sunlight for easy fire making.

check said:
Any 10 cds. then I'd carefully construct a parabolic reflector with them to focus sunlight for easy fire making.

The thread winner.

Don't forget signalling pasing ships.

photon said:
you guys are nerds

No.

If he asked: You can only take a computer with one compiler on it, what language would you have it compile?

THen we'd be nerds.

I'd take Perl.

If you could take 3 nasal decongestants which three would you take?

Hey guys ! how about some babes ?

spender said:
Hey guys ! how about some babes ?

mmmm, babes.

the other other other white meat. *wow, that sounds really bad. Not meant to be a race to joke*

franznietzsche said:
No.

If he asked: You can only take a computer with one compiler on it, what language would you have it compile?

THen we'd be nerds.

I'd take Perl.

Perl gets an easy win, it's the only logical choice.

tribdog said:
If you could take 3 nasal decongestants which three would you take?

- Vicks Vapo-Rub
- Sudafed Capsules
- Beecham's All-In-One

Can't beat a bit of Vapo-Rub.

If you could take 2 soda pops and a vegetable what would they be?

Smurf said:
Perl gets an easy win, it's the only logical choice.

Since i know I've never heard you speak about programming before, I'm inclined to disbelieve you are actually informed enough to make that basis.

But, being the nerd i am, i do agree. Perl would be more useful than C, C++, or even Java. And definitely better than COBOL.

I'd take LOGO, just in case there are turtles on the island.

Would anybody take any neurons or just "stuff", what about a book or 2 to feed the soul.

photon said:
if you were stranded on a desert island, and could bring just 10 cds, what ones would you take with you?

Come on! No one has even mentioned the Feynman Lecture Series. :grumpy:

Ivan Seeking said:
Come on! No one has even mentioned the Feynman Lecture Series. :grumpy:

Thats because we have those memorized already, no need for the CDs.

1. How would I survive if I were stranded on a desert island?

Survival on a desert island requires a combination of skills and resources. The first priority is to find a source of fresh water. You can collect rainwater, look for a freshwater spring, or use techniques such as distillation to purify saltwater. Next, you will need to find or build shelter to protect yourself from the elements. You can also search for food sources such as fish, coconuts, and other edible plants. It is important to conserve your energy and stay calm while waiting for rescue.

2. What are the most important items to have if I am stranded on a desert island?

The most important items to have on a desert island include a source of fresh water, tools for building shelter and catching food, fire-starting materials, and a means of signaling for rescue. Other useful items may include a first aid kit, a knife, and a sturdy container for collecting and storing water.

3. How can I build a shelter if I am stranded on a desert island?

Building a shelter on a desert island can be done using natural materials such as branches, leaves, and rocks. You can also use items from your survival kit, such as a tarp or a poncho, to create a makeshift shelter. It is important to choose a location that is protected from the wind and elements, and to insulate yourself from the ground to stay warm.

4. What should I do if I encounter dangerous animals on a desert island?

If you encounter dangerous animals on a desert island, it is important to stay calm and avoid provoking them. Use caution and keep a safe distance. If you have any means of defense, such as a knife or a stick, you can use it to protect yourself if necessary. It is also recommended to build a fire to deter animals and to make yourself more visible to rescue teams.

5. How long can a person survive on a desert island?

The length of time a person can survive on a desert island depends on various factors, such as access to resources, physical health, and environmental conditions. With the right survival skills and resources, a person can potentially survive for an indefinite amount of time. However, it is important to seek rescue or find a way to leave the island as soon as possible, as prolonged isolation can have negative effects on mental and physical health.

Back