Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Strange date ideas

1. Dec 4, 2005 #1
    Hi everybody. I'm going on a date with a girl tomorrow, I need some Ideas. We agreed that we both wanted something non-traditional, that means no movies.

What unique ideas can you come up with?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2005 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Where do you live?

4. Dec 4, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What sorts of things do you like to do? Quiet, intellectual, sports, outdoors, indoors? Without knowing where you live, I don't know what the climate is like there. Do you have places to go ice-skating, or if it's warmer, maybe there's a museum you can go to and then picnic on the lawn outside? If you're into it, are there any of those places that do drive-through Christmas light displays? That would seem nice for a first date if it's in the evening because you can ooh and aah at the lights, but mostly have a lot of time to sit in the car when you can drive very slowly which means you can talk a lot and get to know each other better.

Or, maybe you can find a place that has a rock-climbing wall and do that together?

Just tossing out a bunch of ideas...if they aren't your style, tell us what's more your style so we can help with better suggestions.

5. Dec 4, 2005 #4
    Comedy club, or any activity that requires the two of you doing something together at the very least: bowling, pool, miniature golf

6. Dec 4, 2005 #5
    there's a bug zoo in town here, i've always wanted to go to that. maybe there's somethng similar there?

7. Dec 4, 2005 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

amusement park!

8. Dec 4, 2005 #7
    strip club

9. Dec 4, 2005 #8
    Rent Harold & Maude for some inspiration..

best dates i ever see on a movie screen.

10. Dec 4, 2005 #9

Lisa!

Gold Member

The only on topic post in this thread!:tongue:

11. Dec 4, 2005 #10
    Someone who hangs out at pf got a date? Ohh man lol, is KingNothing up for the funniest member award, cause with this thread he just got my vote!

12. Dec 4, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It also might be helpful if we had an idea of your age...under 18, between 18 and 21, or over 21. The types of places you can go would depend on whether you're old enough to get into some.

Is there any place near you with a go-cart track? That would be fun for a bit...race each other, etc. Sure, you can't talk to each other while doing that, but it is good at the beginning of the date when you're both still nervous. You don't have to try to think of things to say right away, and after you've done racing each other (if you do it, I'm going to violate the feminist code and tell you to let her win if she doesn't do it on her own), you'll have something to talk about all night long, especially if she's a little competitive.

13. Dec 4, 2005 #12
    I live in minnesota. I'm 18, she's 17. It's sunday so it's hard to find places that are open.

14. Dec 4, 2005 #13
    go fishing :tongue:

jk I dunno your interests or if you live in the country or city or whatever. Museums are kool, or perhaps a planetarium.

15. Dec 4, 2005 #14
    Go help out at a soup kitchen - i met a girl that way once

16. Dec 4, 2005 #15
    See that's the thing, it's not a big enough town to have a museum, planetarium, or soup kitchen.

17. Dec 4, 2005 #16

honestrosewater

Gold Member

That's the best idea I've ever heard. A soup kitchen or something similar. There are things you can do outdoors too -- community beautification projects and such. I imagine it would give you plenty to talk about afterwards. I guess it depends on the woman though.

18. Dec 4, 2005 #17

honestrosewater

Gold Member

It's the holidays. There are no charity events going on anywhere?

Are there nursing homes? Hospitals? A children's hospital? Go shopping for some toys. Take them to the children's hospital. I'd certainly remember that date. :smile:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  19. Dec 4, 2005 #18

Danger

Gold Member

Rosie, my idea of a strange date is you and me. And since N/W will insist upon being there, you'd better be bi and teach her to be.

20. Dec 4, 2005 #19
    This place gets weirder and weirder!!!

21. Dec 4, 2005 #20

honestrosewater

Gold Member

No video cameras this time, right?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?