Exploring the Bizarre: Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Dreams

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dreams
In summary, the conversation is about the participants' experiences with odd dreams and whether it is normal to not have many dreams. Some share their own strange dreams, while others discuss the potential meanings behind certain dream elements such as spiders and elevators. Some also mention the potential benefits of dreaming, such as problem-solving. The conversation ends with one participant questioning if they need therapy due to their frequent and impactful dreams.
Ivan Seeking said:
So does anyone think that they have had a prophetic dream?

Not that I remember....

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
So does anyone think that they have had a prophetic dream?
Zooby has had at least one prophetic dream that I can verify. I think it is time to call the amazing Randi. :wink:

Math Is Hard said:
Zooby has had at least one prophetic dream that I can verify. I think it is time to call the amazing Randi. :wink:
It's a true fact. And I don't believe in that sort of thing. This dream, though, had a vivid, unusual, special quality.

zoobyshoe said:
It's a true fact. And I don't believe in that sort of thing. This dream, though, had a vivid, unusual, special quality.
I've had several dreams like this. It's was this "vivid, unusual, special quality" that allowed me to recognize the last three as carrying information about the immediate future, so that I told someone about them before the events appeared in the media (within one day).

Aether said:
I've had several dreams like this. It's was this "vivid, unusual, special quality" that allowed me to recognize the last three as carrying information about the immediate future, so that I told someone about them before the events appeared in the media (within one day).
Somehow, though, I sense there is a difference between you're prophetic dreams and mine. I'm sensing there's a signifigance to the little winky smiley Math Is Hard tacked onto the end of her post. Yes, the force is strong within me. It is signifigant!

zoobyshoe said:
Somehow, though, I sense there is a difference between you're prophetic dreams and mine. I'm sensing there's a signifigance to the little winky smiley Math Is Hard tacked onto the end of her post. Yes, the force is strong within me. It is signifigant!
When you told me of your dream I was highly skeptical. You very clearly saw that I would find three little orphans on my doorstep and adopt them. Preposterous! Yet I came home that very night to find a rain-soaked box at my front door, and inside, three tiny fledgelings!

Yes, I told you I had a funny dream that someone left orphans in a box on your doorstep.

Lo and behold, it came to pass!

zoobyshoe said:
Yes, I told you I had a funny dream that someone left orphans in a box on your doorstep.

Lo and behold, it came to pass!
You mentioned that your dream had a "vivid, unusual, special quality". Does that have anything to do with why you told MIH about the dream? Why did you mention that?

Maybe the dream just had a certain truthiness about it.

Aether said:
You mentioned that your dream had a "vivid, unusual, special quality". Does that have anything to do with why you told MIH about the dream? Why did you mention that?
Naw. I'll spill the beans:

I sent her some surprise stuffed penguin chicks I found at the San Diego zoo cause I know she likes penguin chicks. The clerk at the Post Office said it would take three days, so on the third day I sent her an e-mail mentioning I'd had this funny dream that someone had left a box of orphans on her doorstep. It caught her interest and she wrote back a couple times trying to get me to remember what kind of orphans they were. Kittens? Actual human babies? I said I wasn't sure, just that I had a vivid image of her looking into a box which I sensed contained "orphans" and that I had a strange feeling this particular dream was going to come true.

The timing turned out to be perfect cause the box had arrived exactly that day and was waiting for her when she got home from work.

zoobyshoe said:
Naw. I'll spill the beans:

I sent her some surprise stuffed penguin chicks I found at the San Diego zoo cause I know she likes penguin chicks. The clerk at the Post Office said it would take three days, so on the third day I sent her an e-mail mentioning I'd had this funny dream that someone had left a box of orphans on her doorstep. It caught her interest and she wrote back a couple times trying to get me to remember what kind of orphans they were. Kittens? Actual human babies? I said I wasn't sure, just that I had a vivid image of her looking into a box which I sensed contained "orphans" and that I had a strange feeling this particular dream was going to come true.

The timing turned out to be perfect cause the box had arrived exactly that day and was waiting for her when she got home from work.
What a cool gift. :approve:

Aether said:
What a cool gift. :approve:
Yeah, a dream come true!

It was an extremely cool gift! The best ever! Except I've had several knocks at my door by persons claiming to be officials from the San Diego Zoo wanting to know details of my acquaintance with a Mr. Z. Shoe and the whereabouts of the missing little ones. I've had to be very evasive with them. I hope they are not reading these posts. Rest assured, I am keeping the penguinitos "stuffed" with daily salmon smoothies and rigorous courses in differential calculus.:approve:

zoobyshoe said:
I sent her some surprise stuffed penguin chicks I found at the San Diego zoo cause I know she likes penguin chicks.
Oh, and thanks for outing me, Zoob. Now everyone at PF knows I like chicks! :rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
It was an extremely cool gift! The best ever! Except I've had several knocks at my door by persons claiming to be officials from the San Diego Zoo wanting to know details of my acquaintance with a Mr. Z. Shoe and the whereabouts of the missing little ones. I've had to be very evasive with them. I hope they are not reading these posts.
They leaned on me too. Sleep deprivation, rubber hose. I said nothing. All I admitted to is having heard a rumor of a vague scheme to get some illegal aliens north to L.A. They must have gotten your address by meticulously piecing together strips from my shredder bin while I was in the "interview" room.

Math Is Hard said:
Oh, and thanks for outing me, Zoob. Now everyone at PF knows I like chicks! :rofl:
Yeah, and when you come down to San Diego I'm taking you to see a performer we'll both enjoy:

http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz304outcome3.jpg

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
They leaned on me too. Sleep deprivation, rubber hose. I said nothing. All I admitted to is having heard a rumor of a vague scheme to get some illegal aliens north to L.A. They must have gotten your address by meticulously piecing together strips from my shredder bin while I was in the "interview" room.
Illegal aliens crossing the border disguised as penguins perhaps? Ah! Very clever. Even better, they could dress up like Spotted Owls and walk right across. No one could touch them because they are a protected species!

Yeah, and when you come down to San Diego I'm taking you to see a performer we'll both enjoy:

http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz304outcome3.jpg
You know all the best places, Zoob. I would be interested in seeing Le Souris Perdu (sp?) and that place that serves jellyfish. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Illegal aliens crossing the border disguised as penguins perhaps? Ah! Very clever. Even better, they could dress up like Spotted Owls and walk right across. No one could touch them because they are a protected species!
No, by "illegal aliens" I was referring to the penguinitos being refugees from the Antarctic. Alot of them try to get in via the zoo route: volunteer for display duty, then bribe a zoo keeper to get them on the underground shuttle to L.A.
You know all the best places, Zoob. I would be interested in seeing Le Souris Perdu (sp?)
"La Souris Perdue" maybe? By day it's a wireless internet rookery: a laptop at every table. By night, it's a den of iniquity, a live, ongoing version of the Threepenny Opera peopled by reefer-crazed kids with strange and ever changing sexual orientations, all on the road to perdition. You'll fit right in.

http://www.gothpunk.com/images/barbiegoesgoth.jpg
and that place that serves jellyfish. :biggrin:
That's a very dull, run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant in a bland little mall on a street full of Asian owned businesses.
We'd be better off, after a day of penguin viewing at Sea World going down to Pacific Beach to an outdoor restaurant where we could watch in vain for the famous Green Flash that is supposed to occur once in a while with the sunset. There'll be plenty of jellyfish on the beach if you really want a taste. I won't tell anyone.

Last edited: