Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Strange integral

1. May 23, 2005 #1
    Hi, i was working with my teacher, and i discovered the continous differential of x!gives x!,also the continous integral to infinity of x! gives x!.how true is this ,also i wanted to know if the last number ever is going to be odd or even ,because from my point of view the ranges of all numbers is between 0-9since 0 is even and 9,the last is odd,then the last number in this world should be odd. Pls do not ignore this like you always do i need this urgently.
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

There's no such thing as the integral of [itex] x! [/itex].However,Gamma-Euler can be integrated under certain conditions on domains from [itex] \mathbb{C} [/itex].

Daniel.

4. May 23, 2005 #3

shmoe

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Why are people trying to differentiate or integrate x! lately? Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're talking about the usual extension of x! to the reals, namely the Gamma function, what you've written looks like nonsense. Gamma is not it's own derivative.

There is no "last number". Given any real number x, there is a larger one x+1, so how can there be a "last" one?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?