Solve Mystery of Strange Mobile Phone Issue

In summary, the speaker is experiencing a problem with their mobile phone not turning on after recharging. They must remove and reinsert the battery for it to work. They are unsure why this happens but have a similar issue with their laptop. They speculate that the charger may be causing the issue. They suggest trying different scenarios, such as turning the phone off before charging, and reaching out to the manufacturer for assistance.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have a mobile that i only keep for emergencies, the strange thing is, it will not turn on after a recharge, i have to take the battery out and and put it back in, then it works fine
any ideas why this happens?

Engineering news on Phys.org
not sure, but i have a similar problem with my laptop computer. as long as the charger is plugged in, it's fine. if the charger becomes unplugged, it's still fine. plug the charger back in with the computer running, and the darn thing locks up. i suspect the ground on the charger may be floating up and the difference in potentials causes an error when you plug them back together, but it's just a guess.

you could play around with different scenarios like turning the phone off before you plug it into the charger, then back on after or before you unplug it.

wolram said:
I have a mobile that i only keep for emergencies, the strange thing is, it will not turn on after a recharge, i have to take the battery out and and put it back in, then it works fine
any ideas why this happens?

Perhaps a call or email to them might help. Sometimes there are specific OEM forums on the net which can be very assistive if they have a website.

What could be causing my mobile phone to act strangely?

There could be several reasons for your mobile phone to act strangely. It could be due to a software update, a malfunctioning app, a virus or malware, a damaged hardware component, or a network issue.

How do I troubleshoot my mobile phone's strange behavior?

The first step in troubleshooting is to identify the specific issue. Is the phone freezing, overheating, or experiencing connectivity issues? Once you have identified the problem, you can try restarting the phone, updating the software and apps, clearing cache and data, or performing a factory reset.

What should I do if the issue persists after troubleshooting?

If the issue persists after troubleshooting, you may need to seek professional help. This could include contacting the manufacturer or your service provider, visiting a repair shop, or consulting with a technical expert.

How can I prevent my mobile phone from experiencing strange issues in the future?

To prevent your phone from experiencing strange issues, it is important to regularly update the software and apps, avoid downloading apps from unknown sources, and be cautious of phishing scams. It is also recommended to use a reputable antivirus software to protect against malware and viruses.

Is it possible that my phone's strange behavior is due to a hardware issue?

Yes, it is possible that a strange behavior on your mobile phone could be caused by a hardware issue. This could include a damaged screen, battery, or other internal components. If you suspect a hardware issue, it is best to seek professional assistance for repair or replacement.