Oddities: A Collection of Unusual Events

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Events
In summary, I was feeling watched and paranoid, and after a week of observation I found that two deer were watching me.
Smurf said:
Are you referring to the one that couldn't make up her mind if she wanted me or not? No, I dumped her ages ago, too christian for me. I'm single right now (but hopefully not for long)

Well, I sure don't know which one if you have so many running around you can't keep track of them. :tongue2: When you wore the dress to school, you mentioned having a girlfriend who didn't really want to be seen with you while you had it on, or something like that. :rolleyes: But, if she was very Christian, I could see that being a problem.

Physics news on Phys.org
I need to get laid

No, the ***** you're referring to was just a girl "friend", we weren't together, and we're not 'friends' anymore. What a b****.
She was however also christian

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. How strange of her. :tongue2:

Oh your mocking burns my skull! I feel your firey words thrash my mind like a cyclic pyramid rolling down the mountains of doom! Forgive me! Forgive me! Forgive me!

Gaaaahhhaahhaa

women in general are perplexing sometimes

Say KingNothing, you a KMFDM fan? I never made the connection before.

Smurf said:
No, the ***** you're referring to was just a girl "friend", we weren't together, and we're not 'friends' anymore. What a b****.
She was however also christian
Love the tiltle of your post. :biggrin:

You need to find a normal girl, someone that can respect you and love you (even in a dress) as we do. :approve:

Evo said:
Love the tiltle of your post. :biggrin:
Thanks, took me 20 whole seconds to come up with it. Glad it didn't go unappreciated.

You need to find a normal girl, someone that can respect you and love you (even in a dress) as we do. :approve:
:cry: Thank you evo, you don't know how much that means to me.

SOMEONE LOVES ME :cry: :!)
I'm so happy.

Evo said:

I'm not sure a normal girl will go for the whole dress-wearing thing. :uhh: I'm not sure we're exactly representative of normal either. At least I'm pretty sure nobody has ever accused me of being normal. :tongue2:

Smurf, you need a slightly quirky girl, but a nice one, not one that requires a lot of asterisks to describe. :wink: :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Smurf, you need a slightly quirky girl, but a nice one, not one that requires a lot of asterisks to describe. :wink: :biggrin:
I think that's a pretty damn good description of the one that turned me down the other day, oh well.

Aww, that's too bad. But there are more of them around.

What? That's it? Moonbear, I'm disapointed in you, you're supposed to inspire me to try to charm her, not offer mild encouragement like "there are more of them around".

Geeze, you don't know much about girls do you?

Smurf said:
What? That's it? Moonbear, I'm disapointed in you, you're supposed to inspire me to try to charm her, not offer mild encouragement like "there are more of them around".

Geeze, you don't know much about girls do you?

:uhh: Guess I don't know much about how to ask out girls, never having done it myself. :tongue2:

I guess I'm just tired. I was finding you lips so you can give franz big smooches. :rofl:

Last Friday, I did an interview for a top of the line headhunting agency without even realising it. I went there to give them some info on how our university was structured, and how our student organisation worked. Somewhere along this, it turned into a job interview. They ended up giving me a job offer for student recruiter. I did not see that coming...

Ivan Seeking said:
Diesel is $2.50 a gallon in Oregon. An investigation is in process.

$2.50 a gallon? Oh those poor Oregonians.
It would cost you closer to $8 here in the U.K.
:-p

Are you mocking me Matthyaouw! There'll be trouble if you are!

No at all. what makes you say that?
(When I mock people, I do it with more style and flare. Trust me, when/if it haappens- you'll know :wink: )

brewnog said:
Bugger me, a gallon of diesel here works out at $6.17. I had no idea the difference was that big!

matthyaouw said:
$2.50 a gallon? Oh those poor Oregonians.
It would cost you closer to $8 here in the U.K.

Ok, maybe it wasn't mockery. But these Yanks really ought to get their fuel taxation system sorted out...

Dimitri Terryn said:
They ended up giving me a job offer for student recruiter. I did not see that coming...

Did you take it?

Welcome back. :biggrin:

Here's a strange thing. This thread has over 50 replies and has actually stayed, more or less, on topic in GD! :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Next on the Pet Psychic: My cat was abducted by aliens.
It was the best they could do in their search for intelligent life. Have you ever wondered about cat's eyes? I use my cat as a reflector when I jog after dark.

And just as I was thinking about hi-jacking this thread, Moonbear posted about how this thread has gone so long on topic. Weird!

Moonbear said:
:uhh: Guess I don't know much about how to ask out girls, never having done it myself. :tongue2:
I'll say, thankfully I followed my own advice and tried to charm her.
At first I thought it wouldn't work (on account of the newly acquired hand print on the side of my face) but eventually she gave into her desire and I got a date with her tonight.

Moonbear said:
Here's a strange thing. This thread has over 50 replies and has actually stayed, more or less, on topic in GD! :biggrin:
...this is actually quite shocking, almost none of these topics make it past reply 20 while staying off topic, but i suppose it's not a normal thread is it. I mean i could compare it to 'ask a stupid question get a stupid answer' and that one has hundreds of replys without even slightly veering off topic doesn't it?

Smurf said:
...this is actually quite shocking, almost none of these topics make it past reply 20 while staying off topic, but i suppose it's not a normal thread is it. I mean i could compare it to 'ask a stupid question get a stupid answer' and that one has hundreds of replys without even slightly veering off topic doesn't it?

I stopped posting in there after I got called a moron for asking a stupid question! And normally it's me doing the threadjacking...!

brewnog said:
...And normally it's me doing the threadjacking...!
I just finished reading the classic thread about Dave. I just hope there is no confusion between string and thread here. :blushing:

Ivan Seeking said:
Did you take it?

Welcome back. :biggrin:

Thanks.
I don't know for sure. First I'm going to talk to a few people who are in the trade, the hear what kind of firm it is. After that, well, there is an information session for new 'prospects' next week, so I'll just go there and see what the pay is like.

brewnog said:
Ok, maybe it wasn't mockery. But these Yanks really ought to get their fuel taxation system sorted out...

Whoops, I only skimmed the thread so I didn't notice that you'd already pointed it out.
I would personally be happier if they kept theirs the way it is and we changed ours :P

Diesel prices aside, what I find strange is that Spock never figured out that it takes longer to say, zero point one five seconds, than 0.15 seconds. I have been worried about this inconsistency in Spocks logic since 1968.

I find it odd that no one has questioned my statement that I use my cat as a reflector when I jog after dark. (Apparently there are no PETA members here.)

Also, I wonder why hangers multiply but socks disappear. I'm pretty certain the underwear gnomes only deal in underwear.

SOS2008 said:
I find it odd that no one has questioned my statement that I use my cat as a reflector when I jog after dark. (Apparently there are no PETA members here.)

I was going to but I didn't know what to say other than, what a great idea!

Here's a good one. About five minutes ago I called the local farm and ranch supply for a stock check on tree stump killer. The guy who answered has worked there for eight months but never heard of the stuff until today. This morning he saw it on the shelf by chance.

SOS2008 said:

I don't jog. The only excersize that I really care to burden myself with is breathing, and if I could hire somebody to do that for me without dropping dead, I would. I do find that my cat makes a mighty fine bath towel. If I squeeze her paw just right, she can also be used as an emergency comb. Incidentally, doesn't PETA stand for Pathetically Emotional Twits for Animals?

Ivan Seeking said:
Here's a good one. About five minutes ago I called the local farm and ranch supply for a stock check on tree stump killer. The guy who answered has worked there for eight months but never heard of the stuff until today. This morning he saw it on the shelf by chance.
Wha-da-heck -- Are you dealing with a dead tree too? Actually, I've had similar experiences like yours with the guy in the store, but than strange things happen to me all the time...

I mentioned the snake that was on my front step in another thread...what I didn't mention was that my home was for sale and a realtor was supposed to be there in 15 minutes to show the home. Then for example, when I bought my current home, all kinds of things were going on. First my doorbell would ring when no one was there--turned out to be a short that was triggered by wind. Then an outlet wouldn't work, and it turned out the wall was full of dead bees. There were a bunch of things like this, and after a lot of money and drinking, I've forgotten most of it. :tongue:

One of the strangest coincidences of my life happened while on a long bicycle trip. When I was 15, a friend and I rode from Long Beach to Hemet - a mountain community in california - for a bike/camping trip. Since we couldn't ride on freeways we were forced to take some isolated desert roads for many, many miles. In total it was about a 110 mile ride or so. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere outside of Riverside, about sixty or eighty miles from home, what was then in the middle of the mojave desert, with not a soul in sight for an hour or two, we saw this figure in the distance that eventually turns out to be a girl riding a horse. As we got closer and began to see enough detail I could hardly believe my eyes. It was a girl from my junior high school class! Her family owned property out there as a weekend/vacation home. Now that was strange! She just looked at me with wide eyes and her mouth hanging open, just as I was looking at her.

Back