Solve Strangeways Equation: High Pass Filter w/ Inductor

• Thread starter imeener
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is struggling with converting Strangeway's equation from an equation with a capacitor into a high pass equation with an inductor. They are also having trouble typing out the equation and have written it out in words. They are seeking assistance in simplifying the equation and mention that Strangeway's equation is related to transfer functions and frequency response. They are unable to provide a link for further clarification.
imeener

Homework Statement

I'm having difficulty turning strangeways' equation from an equation with a capacitor into a high pass equation with an inductor. I'm also having problems typing the equation out so I'm just going to write it out in words...It's H(jw) equals 1 over ((1 over Resistor2) plus jw(omega)C) all of that over Resistor1 plus 1 over ((1 over Resistor2) plus jwc)) I hope this is not too confusing.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

It would be wonderful if someone can help me with this, and if someone can help me take that equation and simplify it. Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
What the heck is a Strangeway's equation? Can you provide a link?

I wish I could but I can't find one. What I do know is it has something to do with transfer functions and frequency response. The only way I could explain it is how I did previously. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

1. What is the Strangeways Equation and how does it relate to high pass filters with inductors?

The Strangeways Equation is a mathematical formula used to model the behavior of electromagnetic waves in a medium. In the context of high pass filters with inductors, the equation helps to determine the filter's cutoff frequency and its ability to block low frequency signals while allowing high frequency signals to pass through.

2. How do I solve the Strangeways Equation for a high pass filter with an inductor?

To solve the Strangeways Equation for a high pass filter with an inductor, you will need to know the inductance value of the inductor, the resistance value of the circuit, and the desired cutoff frequency. Once you have these values, you can plug them into the equation and solve for the capacitance value needed to create the desired filter.

3. What is the cutoff frequency of a high pass filter with an inductor?

The cutoff frequency of a high pass filter with an inductor is the frequency at which the filter begins to block low frequency signals and allows high frequency signals to pass through. It is determined by the values of the inductor and the capacitor in the circuit, as well as the resistance of the circuit.

4. What is the purpose of using an inductor in a high pass filter?

An inductor is used in a high pass filter to block low frequency signals while allowing high frequency signals to pass through. This is because inductors have a higher impedance at lower frequencies, making it easier for them to block those signals. Additionally, inductors can be used to create a specific cutoff frequency for the filter.

5. Can the Strangeways Equation be applied to other types of filters?

Yes, the Strangeways Equation can be applied to other types of filters, such as low pass and band pass filters. However, the values used in the equation will be different depending on the type of filter being analyzed. It is important to understand the specific characteristics and components of each type of filter before applying the Strangeways Equation.