1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

: stress-concentration factors

1. Apr 15, 2007 #1
    urgent: stress-concentration factors

Hey people,

I urgently need a chart of theoretical stress-concentration factors for the following general case: a part made from two thin plates of equal weidth connected parallel to each other with one shorter than the other. I need the theoretical stress-concentration factors for the connection corners between the plates (as a function of fillet radius) - when there's a bending moment acting on the major surface of one of the plates. Maybe even the case of a clamped wide and thin beam with a bending moment will do.

Book references, if you know there's such a case there (because I already tried to find it in a library) will help to.

Thanks a lot :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2007 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Can you get a hold of Peterson's Stress Concentration Factors (ISBN 0-471-53849-3)?

4. Apr 15, 2007 #3
    One library closed, I'm on my way to the next. It's probably there. Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?