Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Strikethrough in name

1. Oct 4, 2006 #1
    I've noticed while surfing through threads that some members have a rasied line (strikethrough) in their name. Does this mean that they are blocked (banned from server)? Everything else makes sense, like the colors coresponding to importence of site.

-Steve

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes. (10 chars)

4. Oct 4, 2006 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

Since this thread is somewhat on this topic, what's with the users whose names are black and small? like boulderhead

5. Oct 4, 2006 #4
    I believe that denotes a user who is no longer registered, but whose posts are still saved.

6. Oct 5, 2006 #5

J77

Some users are ímported'from the old-style user groups, eg. sci.physics

7. Oct 5, 2006 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

When boulderhead moved back to the jungle, he requested that his account be made inactive.

8. Oct 5, 2006 #7
    Thanks for all the information, I just wanted to make sure I was assuming correctly.

9. Oct 5, 2006 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

As long as the line remains BENEATH your name, you're momentarily safe, though!:smile:

10. Oct 5, 2006 #9
    The momentairly part just makes that statement hillarious. no sarcasm intended.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?