1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Striking Force

1. Jan 18, 2012 #1
    Hello I'm new here and i really want to know the anwser to this question.
    In the game Crysis 2 the wearer of the suit has the capability to produce a striking force of up to 450N and i was wondering if this were possible could you be able to kick a car and turn it upside down like in the game. I know it's just a game but i was just wondering.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2012 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

1] 450 Newtons is not a lot. I think that would impart a movement of about 1 foot per second2 to something the size of a car.

2] Any force great enough to flip a car, applied by something as small as a foot would certainly punch through the car before flipping it, unless you ensured you hit the superstructure.

4. Jan 18, 2012 #3
    thanks for the reply i have another question aswell , how would calculate the force required to break something such as a door.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook