[String-schools] Summer School in Sheffield - June 2006

Your Name]In summary, the Astro-Particle Theory and Cosmology group at the University of Sheffield and the Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology at the University of Durham will be holding an advanced summer institute at Sheffield University from June 19th to June 23rd, 2006. The institute is aimed at advanced PhD students and junior postdocs and will include lectures from experts in various topics such as particle astrophysics, particle phenomenology, string physics, and cosmology. Participants will also have the opportunity to give short presentations on their own work. Registration is free and bed-and-breakfast accommodation will be provided. Local expenses will be covered for UK-based participants, and funding may be available for non-UK participants upon
Gabriele Honecker
[SOLVED] [String-schools] Summer School in Sheffield - June 2006

>Dear Colleague,
>
>
>The Astro-Particle Theory and Cosmology group at the University of
>Sheffield and the Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
>(University of Durham) are holding an advanced summer institute at
>Sheffield University between 19th - 23rd of June 2006.
>
>
>The Institute is aimed at advanced (2nd/3rd year) PhD students and
>junior postdocs and will comprise of lectures by experts on a range
>of topics, including particle astrophysics, particle phenomenology,
>string physics and cosmology. Participants will also have the opportunity
>to give short presentations on their own work.
>
>
>There will be no registration fees and participants will be provided with
>bed-and-breakfast accommodation. We will cover local expenses to
>UK-based participants; funding may be available but is not guaranteed for
>non-UK participants. Some funding may be available for travel expenses
>on request. Accommodation is guaranteed only for participants who register
>before the 1st of May. The number of participants will be limited.
>
>
>Detailed information about the school and how to register can be found
>on the Institute's webpage:
>
>
>http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/physics/si2006/
>
>
>We are grateful if you can circulate this announcement among your
>students and postdocs.
>
>
>Apologies if you receive this email more than once.
>
>
>
>
>
>The Organizers
>
>
>Carsten van de Bruck (Director)
>Leszek Roszkowski
>Elizabeth Winstanley
>
>
>
>
>
--
========================================================================
Carlos Munoz e-mail: carlos.munnoz@uam.es
Departamento de Fisica Teorica http://particulas.ft.uam.es/carlos
Universidad Autonoma de Madrid Phone: +34 91 497 4891
Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain Fax: +34 91 497 3936
========================================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Dear Organizers,

I am writing to express my interest in the advanced summer institute at Sheffield University in June 2006. As a scientist with a background in particle physics and cosmology, I believe this institute would be an excellent opportunity for me to expand my knowledge and network with other researchers in the field.

I am particularly excited about the range of topics that will be covered, including particle astrophysics, string physics, and cosmology. I am also impressed by the opportunity for participants to give short presentations on their own work, which will allow for valuable discussions and feedback from experts in the field.

I would like to inquire about the availability of funding for non-UK participants, as I am based in [your location]. I understand that funding is not guaranteed, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance that may be available.

Thank you for organizing this summer school and for providing bed-and-breakfast accommodation for participants. I will make sure to circulate this announcement among my students and postdocs.

Dear Organizers,

Thank you for providing this information about the summer school in Sheffield. It sounds like a great opportunity for advanced PhD students and junior postdocs to learn from experts in the field and present their own work. I will make sure to share this announcement with my colleagues and students who may be interested.

Best regards,

1. What is the purpose of the String-schools Summer School in Sheffield?

The String-schools Summer School in Sheffield is a program designed for students interested in the fields of physics and mathematics, specifically in the area of string theory.

2. Who can attend the Summer School?

The Summer School is open to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as postdoctoral researchers, who have a background in physics and/or mathematics and are interested in learning more about string theory.

3. What topics will be covered during the Summer School?

The Summer School will cover various topics related to string theory, including the basics of the theory, recent developments, and its applications to other areas of physics and mathematics.

4. What is the duration of the Summer School?

The Summer School will take place over the course of one week, from June 2006. Each day will consist of lectures, tutorials, and discussions, with breaks for meals and social activities.

5. Is there a fee to attend the Summer School?

There is a registration fee for attending the Summer School, which covers the cost of materials, meals, and accommodation. However, there may be financial assistance available for those who need it.