Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

String theory graphs

1. Nov 15, 2007 #1

arivero

Gold Member

Envy of the 3D modeling abilities of Hans, I have tried mine. So, new thread for string related plots. In this post, you can see interacting strings. Really you can not guess if each vertex is a fermion or a boson in a superstring theory; I can not see how to tell it in pictorial way. So even the closed string in the second picture could be a fermion, albeit it is not my intention. To me, the second picture is more as an electron with a photon in an electromagnetic 3-vertex Feynman diagram.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2007 #2

arivero

Gold Member

And with "chan paton" factors. The colour is intended to represent electric charge. There is another subtle point I do not know how to stress: that they are oriented strings and then an open string always is terminated with a "particle" and a "antiparticle", so that you can not close it into a Klein bottle.

I forget to "draw" the open string three vertex with chan paton factors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?