1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

String theory graphs

1. Nov 15, 2007 #1

arivero

Gold Member

Envy of the 3D modeling abilities of Hans, I have tried mine. So, new thread for string related plots. In this post, you can see interacting strings. Really you can not guess if each vertex is a fermion or a boson in a superstring theory; I can not see how to tell it in pictorial way. So even the closed string in the second picture could be a fermion, albeit it is not my intention. To me, the second picture is more as an electron with a photon in an electromagnetic 3-vertex Feynman diagram.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2007 #2

arivero

Gold Member

And with "chan paton" factors. The colour is intended to represent electric charge. There is another subtle point I do not know how to stress: that they are oriented strings and then an open string always is terminated with a "particle" and a "antiparticle", so that you can not close it into a Klein bottle.

I forget to "draw" the open string three vertex with chan paton factors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?