Strings 2016 Videos: Unwatchable & Unresponsive

In summary, one person is experiencing issues with the videos at Strings 2016, noting that they are constantly buffering and unwatchable. They have reached out to the organizers but have not received a response. They also mention not being able to download the videos and not having information about the streaming quality. When asked for a link to the videos, they provide a link to the first day's worth, but note that the issue is still present.
William Nelso
Is it just me or are the videos at Strings 2016 unwatchable? They start and stop and continually seem to buffer, as if the bandwidth is not sufficient. The organizers did not respond to my email. I don't see a way to download and view offline, and I can't tell anything about the streams, e.g. what is the encoding or bit rate.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok, it may be slightly better now, but it still doesn't work. The videos just constantly buffer and are not watchable.

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of Strings 2016 Videos?

The purpose of Strings 2016 Videos is to share information and updates about the latest research and developments in the field of string theory. These videos are intended for scientists and researchers who are interested in this topic.

2. Why are some of the Strings 2016 Videos unwatchable?

Some of the Strings 2016 Videos may be unwatchable due to technical difficulties or errors during the recording or uploading process. It is possible that the video file may have been corrupted or damaged, causing it to be unwatchable.

3. What makes the Strings 2016 Videos unresponsive?

The Strings 2016 Videos may be unresponsive if there are issues with the website or platform where they are hosted. It is also possible that the video file may be too large or of poor quality, causing it to be unresponsive when trying to play it.

4. Can the unwatchable and unresponsive videos be fixed?

In most cases, yes, the unwatchable and unresponsive videos can be fixed. If the issue is with the video file itself, it may be possible to re-upload a new version of the video. If the issue is with the website or platform, the creators may be able to resolve the issue and make the videos watchable and responsive again.

5. Are there alternative ways to access the content of the Strings 2016 Videos?

Yes, if the videos are unwatchable or unresponsive, there may be alternative ways to access the content. This could include reading transcripts or summaries of the videos, or finding similar information from other sources. It may also be possible to contact the creators of the videos and request a different format or version of the content.