Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Strip Aerobics

1. Oct 14, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://diet.ivillage.com/workouts/0,,79rwbc87,00.html
    http://www.aerobicstriptease.com/store/customer/index.php

Soooooooo, do you think these women secretly desire to be strippers? Do they think this will turn on the guys? CNN reported that this is a new fad.

I don't get it.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2006 #2
    ???

If its purpose is to just be a form of exercise, then why do they need to take their clothes off?? I just don't get it.

Well I guess it's for a special sort of person 'cause I doubt the cardio workout is as heavy as conventional dancing or simply running and doing light weights.

4. Oct 14, 2006 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Ivan, you rat; not one of those links is as... informative... as I'd hoped. :grumpy:

5. Oct 14, 2006 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is this better?
    [​IMG]

6. Oct 14, 2006 #5

Danger

Gold Member

Much. Thank you.
    Do I even want to know why you have that picture on hand?

7. Oct 14, 2006 #6
    Certain types of "striper" dances can actually be pretty difficult and require alot of fitness and strength. Ones like the lap dance and pole dancing, tho if you are doing it for fun you leave your clothes on and wear some high heels. Its a growing trend

8. Oct 14, 2006 #7
    There comes a point in being overweight where a person starts to lose their gender and becomes asexual in other people's eyes. I'm fairly sure that any woman who's attracted to this particular exercize program is particularly interested in targeting that drawback to being fat. The fantasy of being able to convincingly pull off a striper routine must be very alluring to any woman who hasnt been complimented on the physical aspects of her gender in a long time due to being overweight.

I'd say it's much like the Greek guy with the speech impediment who aspired, not just to speak normally, but to be good enough to become an orator.

9. Oct 14, 2006 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

:rofl: this thread has 54 views

I think some people were expecting some pics

10. Oct 14, 2006 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

And just how do you know this?! Hmmmm! :bugeye:

Seriously, dancing does take a certain amount of strength, stamina, coordination, agility. It can be good exercise. And it can be lots of fun with the right partner. :tongue2:

Unfortunately, I'm a terrible dancer. :frown:

Back when I was dating, and I dated a few girls who liked to dance, I never could relax for fear of stepping on my partner's foot or tripping. :rolleyes:

11. Oct 14, 2006 #10
    I dance so thought I would try it seeing that I believe you can't slam something without first trying it. It was a bit of a laugh felt kinda hoary though but do every once in a while

12. Oct 14, 2006 #11

Danger

Gold Member

I just realized after that last post that we need a smilie with Groucho Marx eyebrows.

13. Oct 14, 2006 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, maybe its just my upbringing during the days of the women's rights movement, but isn't this a little degrading? Or, could there be a bit of a fantasy going here - to be adored and desired?

14. Oct 14, 2006 #13
  15. Oct 14, 2006 #14
    aye? what eyebrows are those?

16. Oct 14, 2006 #15
    No fantasy and not degrading. I'm not doing it in front of any male and purely counting it as a different form of dancing and good exercise. As long as you don't take it too seriously or take it too far thats fine. And all clothes stay on.

17. Oct 14, 2006 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From the link

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They are introducing a two-pole system for women who are bipolar.

18. Oct 14, 2006 #17
    Thats taking it a bit far...

19. Oct 14, 2006 #18
  20. Oct 14, 2006 #19
    Oh well then I guess I am flattered Danger

21. Oct 14, 2006 #20
    kind of anyway

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?