Bastelanleitung für Stromlinienkörper

• Thread starter uztrewq3
  • Start date
In summary: Hallo, für meine Facharbeit in Physik will ich ein Experiment mit einem (oder zwei) Stromlinienkörper machen. Eigentlich wollte ich das Modell mit einem 3D drucker machen aber das geht jetzt doch nicht. Habt ihr vielleicht eine Idee, was für ein Modell ich für die Versuche verwenden kann und könnte man ein Stromlinienkörper basteln?In summary, a model can be made with a 3D printer or a hand-sized model can be made with
uztrewq3
Please take care to post in English on PhysicsForums
Summary:: .

Hallo, für meine Facharbeit in Physik will ich ein Experiment mit einem (oder zwei) Stromlinienkörper machen. Eigentlich wollte wollte ich das Modell mit einem 3D drucker machen aber das geht jetzt doch nicht. Habt ihr vielleicht eine Idee, was für ein Modell ich für die Versuche verwenden kann und könnte man ein Stromlinienkörper basteln?

Physics news on Phys.org
Google translate...
Streamline Body
Hello, for my thesis in physics I want to do an experiment with one (or two) streamline bodies. Actually I wanted to make the model with a 3D printer but that's not possible now. Do you perhaps have an idea what kind of model I can use for the experiments and could a streamlined body be made?

Likes berkeman and vanhees71
Welcome to PF where the English language is used.

What size bodies? How long? What section?

They might be turned in a lathe, or carved from a block of wood or modeling clay.

Thanks for your reply. I try in English..
The model should be hand-sized .. more or less. I like the idea of modeling clay. I look up for it but it must be heat resistant bc. I am going it use a hairdryer to simulate the air flow

uztrewq3 said:
must be heat resistant bc. I am going it use a hairdryer to simulate the air flow
The ones sold here in the US, you can turn off the heat of hair dryers.
Or ask someone in the Electrical department to disconnect the heater.

There is also clay sold that can be baked in a kitchen oven to harden it.
(Again, here in the US. :frown: )

Cheers,
Tom

In order of least to greatest expense, model makers at NASA wind tunnels used aircraft-quality wood, polished aluminum and stainless-steel pieces for scale model experiments. Molded synthetic plastics form proper shapes but may deform under test.

Old time experimenters often used fabric covered frames impregnated with metalic paints. Clay seems friable, likely to crumble and crack even using a hair dryer. Several coats of acrylic paint should help. Also consider using parts from model aircraft kits, if allowed.

I presume the hair dryer is used to direct air flow? Consider a small fan such as Vornado sells. Then direct the flow with a cardboard cylinder or aluminum heat duct slightly larger than the fan. Mount your model normal to air flow and normal to gravity, so vertically.

Heat should not be a problem as you want to carefully record temperatures during your experiments as part of your data set. How do you plan to measure aerodynamic forces? Strain gauges are outside my area but others here can help you.

1. What is a "Bastelanleitung für Stromlinienkörper"?

A "Bastelanleitung für Stromlinienkörper" is a set of instructions for creating streamlined bodies for objects, such as cars or planes. These bodies are designed to reduce air resistance and improve efficiency.

2. Why is it important to have streamlined bodies?

Streamlined bodies help reduce air resistance, which in turn improves the speed and efficiency of objects. This is especially important for vehicles, as it can lead to better fuel efficiency and performance.

3. Can anyone make a "Bastelanleitung für Stromlinienkörper"?

Yes, anyone can create a "Bastelanleitung für Stromlinienkörper" as long as they have the necessary knowledge and skills in design and engineering. However, it is important to conduct thorough research and testing to ensure the effectiveness of the streamlined body.

4. What materials are needed to make a "Bastelanleitung für Stromlinienkörper"?

The materials needed may vary depending on the object being designed. Generally, lightweight and aerodynamic materials such as fiberglass, carbon fiber, or aluminum are used to create streamlined bodies.

5. Are there any safety considerations when creating a "Bastelanleitung für Stromlinienkörper"?

Yes, safety should always be a top priority when creating a "Bastelanleitung für Stromlinienkörper". It is important to follow proper safety protocols and use appropriate tools and equipment to avoid accidents or injuries during the construction process.