Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Structural Geometric Topology

Tags:
  1. Dec 15, 2016 #1
    Hi, I'm a new member and not sure if it is ok to post a link to my blog or youtube channel. So I thought I would ask first before doing so. Is that ok or should I do it someplace else?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2016 #2
    hi. No blogs allowed lol.

4. Dec 15, 2016 #3
    Ok Thanks I will do that on those sites. Can I post images of some of the models I have constructed that are representative of my work in Structural Geometric Topology here?
    Thanx, GEOPHILE2

5. Dec 15, 2016 #4
    I THINK, You can do that in the appropriate sub forum. AND
    I have seen some members with their blogs in their profiles or signatures..but not in FORUM POSTS.:oldbiggrin::redface:

6. Dec 15, 2016 #5
    Thank you that is helpful. GEOPHILE2

7. Dec 16, 2016 #6

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Hi, Geophile2, welcome to PF!

Links to personal websites are usually limited to small links within signatures, which are only available to Gold members. Overt advertising is typically against PF Terms and Rules:

8. Dec 16, 2016 #7

Drakkith

Possibly. Feel free to send a private message to myself or another mentor and we can discuss what you'd like to post to make sure it doesn't break the rules.

9. Dec 16, 2016 #8
    Hi, So I put a link to my youtube channel on my personal data page but not anywhere else is that ok? If not I will remove it. I am hoping to post some photos of the models I make in Structural Geometric Topology in the Topology and Analysis forum if that is ok? Thank you for the feedback, GEOPHILE2

10. Dec 16, 2016 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

So, @GEOPHILE2 , did you join this forum just for the sole purpose of advertising your "structural geometry topology"? I'm hoping that I'm wrong with that impression, but all your posts so far have been on trying to gain an audience for this.

Zz.

11. Dec 16, 2016 #10

Drakkith

I'd have to know more about what you were wanting to post to say one way or another. Please contact myself or another mentor about this issue.

12. Dec 16, 2016 #11
    Hi, I apologize if I have violated the policy here. That is not my intent. I was hoping to share some of my work with the idea that it would engender interest and discussion. That's why I posted. If this is not the right forum for this, I will respectfully go elsewhere. Also, I was thinking of posting some photos of mathematical models of for example polygonal knots and polygonal links etc. if that is ok. The intent being to provide some idea of what kind of objects are to be studied in this area of mathematics and see if anyone would like to talk about it/them. GEOPHILE2

13. Dec 16, 2016 #12

Drakkith

For the last time, please contact either myself or another mentor through a private message. Thread locked.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook