Is it appropriate to share personal content on this platform?

• Thread starter GEOPHILE2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    topology
In summary, when deciding whether to share personal content on a platform, it's important to research the platform's security measures and privacy policies. Some platforms may have strict precautions in place, while others may not. It's also important to review and adjust privacy settings to control who can see your personal content. As for trusting the platform, it's best to do your own research and take additional precautions, such as using strong passwords. When it comes to appropriate content to share, it's generally acceptable to share photos, videos, and written posts, but it's important to consider the potential consequences of sharing sensitive information. And finally, most platforms allow you to delete personal content, but it's important to remember that once something is shared on the internet
GEOPHILE2
Hi, I'm a new member and not sure if it is ok to post a link to my blog or youtube channel. So I thought I would ask first before doing so. Is that ok or should I do it someplace else?

Physics news on Phys.org
hi. No blogs allowed lol.

Ok Thanks I will do that on those sites. Can I post images of some of the models I have constructed that are representative of my work in Structural Geometric Topology here?
Thanx, GEOPHILE2

GEOPHILE2 said:
Ok Thanks I will do that on those sites. Can I post images of some of the models I have constructed that are representative of my work in Structural Geometric Topology here?
Thanx, GEOPHILE2
I THINK, You can do that in the appropriate sub forum. AND
I have seen some members with their blogs in their profiles or signatures..but not in FORUM POSTS.:oldbiggrin::redface:

Bipolar Demon said:
I THINK, You can do that in the appropriate sub forum. AND
I have seen some members with their blogs in their profiles or signatures..but not in FORUM POSTS.:oldbiggrin::redface:
Thank you that is helpful. GEOPHILE2

Likes Logical Dog
Hi, Geophile2, welcome to PF!

Links to personal websites are usually limited to small links within signatures, which are only available to Gold members. Overt advertising is typically against PF Terms and Rules:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Advertising & Spam:
Advertising for personal gain of any kind is not permitted in any forum. Commercial spam will result in an immediate ban. Posting science website links will be permitted occasionally, but will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

GEOPHILE2 said:
Can I post images of some of the models I have constructed that are representative of my work in Structural Geometric Topology here?

Possibly. Feel free to send a private message to myself or another mentor and we can discuss what you'd like to post to make sure it doesn't break the rules.

Drakkith said:
Possibly. Feel free to send a private message to myself or another mentor and we can discuss what you'd like to post to make sure it doesn't break the rules.
Hi, So I put a link to my youtube channel on my personal data page but not anywhere else is that ok? If not I will remove it. I am hoping to post some photos of the models I make in Structural Geometric Topology in the Topology and Analysis forum if that is ok? Thank you for the feedback, GEOPHILE2

GEOPHILE2 said:
Hi, So I put a link to my youtube channel on my personal data page but not anywhere else is that ok? If not I will remove it. I am hoping to post some photos of the models I make in Structural Geometric Topology in the Topology and Analysis forum if that is ok? Thank you for the feedback, GEOPHILE2

So, @GEOPHILE2 , did you join this forum just for the sole purpose of advertising your "structural geometry topology"? I'm hoping that I'm wrong with that impression, but all your posts so far have been on trying to gain an audience for this.

Zz.

GEOPHILE2 said:

I'd have to know more about what you were wanting to post to say one way or another. Please contact myself or another mentor about this issue.

Hi, I apologize if I have violated the policy here. That is not my intent. I was hoping to share some of my work with the idea that it would engender interest and discussion. That's why I posted. If this is not the right forum for this, I will respectfully go elsewhere. Also, I was thinking of posting some photos of mathematical models of for example polygonal knots and polygonal links etc. if that is ok. The intent being to provide some idea of what kind of objects are to be studied in this area of mathematics and see if anyone would like to talk about it/them. GEOPHILE2

For the last time, please contact either myself or another mentor through a private message. Thread locked.

1. Is it safe to share personal content on this platform?

It ultimately depends on the platform and its security measures. Some platforms have strict privacy settings and encryption to protect personal content, while others may not have as many precautions in place. It's important to research the platform and its privacy policies before sharing personal content.

2. Will my personal content be visible to everyone on this platform?

Again, this depends on the platform's privacy settings. Some platforms allow you to control who can see your personal content, while others may make it visible to all users. It's important to review the privacy settings and adjust them accordingly to your comfort level.

3. Can I trust the platform with my personal content?

This is a valid concern, especially with the rise of data breaches and hacking. It's important to research the platform's security measures and read reviews from other users before sharing personal content. You can also take additional precautions, such as using a strong and unique password for the platform and regularly changing it.

4. What type of personal content is appropriate to share on this platform?

This can vary depending on the platform and its purpose. Generally, personal content such as photos, videos, and written posts are acceptable to share on social media platforms. However, it's important to consider the potential consequences of sharing personal information, such as sensitive financial or medical information, on any platform.

5. Can I delete my personal content from the platform if I change my mind?

In most cases, yes. Most platforms have a feature that allows you to delete your personal content. However, it's important to note that once something is shared on the internet, it can be difficult to completely remove it. It's best to be cautious about what you share in the first place and regularly review and delete any personal content that you no longer want to be public.