1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Structural Matrix Analysis

1. Mar 31, 2008 #1
    My question isn't about a specific problem in general so I apologies if I have Posted in the wrong section. Basically I have just started a course on Structural analysis, and we have been using the flexibility method to solve all of out problems in matrix forms.
    All of the problems we have had a look at have been plane Trusses, Beams, Frames (most have been Statically determinate, just started SID's tho).

I was hoping somebody here might have material/link to some good examples of such problems being solved with the matrix approach. The text book I have lists a few examples but since we haven't been given many in class to begin with, I need to find some more simple applications of the process in order to understand it more as I feel the course I am enrolled in isn't providing enough material on the topic .

I have an assignment due in about 10 days which I would like to post up on here once I have a decent attempt at it.

Once again sorry for not posting a more specific problem, but this method of analysis has me quite confused at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You
    Regards Elbarto
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?