Structure of Fibrous Proteins

Main Question or Discussion Point

My question is if fibrous proteins posess secandory or if they posess tertiary structure

There is a fiery debate between me and one smart dude from my class.I believe(firmly) that proteins posess secandory structure while he is of that school of thought that believes fibrous proteins have a Tertiary structure

We both have source material claiming our point.Internet sites and tedtbook give conflicting
Results ! Some say tertiary while others say only secandory....funny eh ?

And we also asked our awesome bio professor who criptically said " you are right Navin and you are also right (pointing to my oponent) and the answer shall come in gods good time".

...so...my question still stands....what is the steuctural level of fibrous proteins.

I can provide links and pictures from a very reliable set of reliable text books if you ask saying it has secandory structure.

Answers and Replies

I can provide links and pictures from a very reliable set of reliable text books if you ask saying it has secandory structure.
On second thought i would like to withdraw this statement as PF policy might not accept this as a "reliable" source

I tried Searching on the internet but apart from a few sites(which i wont consider reliable) most of the web doesnt speak about it.

So let me edit what i want to ask

" What is the sructural level of Fibrous Proteins and compare it with Globular."

I have searched the net but there is no concrete answer and i would like it if anyone could inform me as to what is the structure of fibrous proteins.

I think the problem here is that Mother Nature is an engineer and there are examples of both kinds and others that can be cited.

I found this reference:

https://revisionworld.com/gcse-revision/biology/cell-activity/proteins-and-amino-acids/globular-and-fibrous-proteins

Which shows that collagen has several structural layers of primary, secondary, tertiary and finally quartenary. Each provides added engineering to collagen to strengthen it.
Thats true....
Because then we have something like α-Keretin which is said to have repeating Secandary structure*...huh

Well anyway mother nature and her fancies !

Atleast to some extent i am right !

Than you so much jedishrfu. !

*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-keratin

Thats true....
Because then we have something like α-Keretin which is said to have repeating Secandary structure*...huh

Well anyway mother nature and her fancies !

Atleast to some extent i am right !

Than you so much jedishrfu. !

*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-keratin
More like at least you’re not wrong.

More like at least you’re not wrong.
I dunno why but this post made me laugh maniacally for 7 minutes ! You earn a +1 Navin Point for this.I had a rather rough day today so thanks for bringing out some hapiness !!!

OCR
Oh my...! . Well, that's a bummer... . :oldfrown:
I had a rather rough day today...

My day was about the same ol' same ol'... . :sleep:

ejection seat.jpg

I test those things for a living... you know... just stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive. .
lmao.gif

Attachments

Last edited:
My day was about the same ol' same ol'... . :sleep:

View attachment 231463

I test those things for a living... you know... just stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive. . View attachment 231465

Oh my !!!!
Thats....whoa !!!!
Well all the best and good luck !
...but whoa !!!!! I am stunned amazed frightened and shell shocked !