How Can I Solve These Physics Homework Problems?

• Thread starter IamatWork
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary: ThanksIn summary, the person is seeking help with a few problems that they have been working on for over 4 days. They are not expecting anyone to do the work for them but are seeking guidance and tips. The first problem involves determining the distance between two windows based on a given horizontal velocity and time. The second problem involves finding the power delivered to a mass based on its change in kinetic energy and time. The person did not include their attempted equations but has been advised to post them in the appropriate homework section.
IamatWork
STUCK on a few Simple Problems...

I am stuck on a few of these problems. Yes they are HW related, but i have been working on them for over 4 days...I can not seem to get a handle on these few problems and help, Hints, Tips...If you want to give me the formula to use...I do not Expect people to do the work for me, i just need a nudge in the right direction. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP...

1.) A physics book is given a horizontal velocity of 7.0 meter/sec out the window. The book falls for 4/sec before entering the window of a nearby dorm. Determine the distance between the two windows.
A.)27.1 B.)83.2 C.)34.1 D.)68.4

2.) The kinetic energy of a 12 kg mass was increased from 0 Joules to 196 Joules in a time of 3.2 sec. Determine the power delivered to the mass.
A.)26.1 Watts B.)16.3 Watts C.)43.7 watts D.)92.1 watts

Physics news on Phys.org
IamatWork said:
I am stuck on a few of these problems. Yes they are HW related, but i have been working on them for over 4 days...I can not seem to get a handle on these few problems and help, Hints, Tips...If you want to give me the formula to use...I do not Expect people to do the work for me, i just need a nudge in the right direction. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP...

1.) A physics book is given a horizontal velocity of 7.0 meter/sec out the window. The book falls for 4/sec before entering the window of a nearby dorm. Determine the distance between the two windows.
A.)27.1 B.)83.2 C.)34.1 D.)68.4

2.) The kinetic energy of a 12 kg mass was increased from 0 Joules to 196 Joules in a time of 3.2 sec. Determine the power delivered to the mass.
A.)26.1 Watts B.)16.3 Watts C.)43.7 watts D.)92.1 watts

Take note that we DO have a homework section here on PF. Also, you should, at the very least, showed what you have attempted to do so that we know what YOU know and can start from there.

Zz.

Well, for starters, what equations have you tried to use during the last 4 days?
Take question 1 first.

Thank you...

I didnt even think to put my work on here. I am new here and didnt notice the HW section...I will re-post it in the HW section...thanks

Don't, the mentors will move it.
Just post what you've thought so far.

1. What are some common strategies for getting "unstuck" on a difficult problem?

Some common strategies include breaking the problem down into smaller parts, seeking help from colleagues or mentors, taking a break and coming back to the problem with fresh eyes, and trying different approaches or techniques.

2. How do I know when it's time to ask for help on a problem I'm stuck on?

If you have been working on the problem for a significant amount of time and have not made any progress, or if you have exhausted all of your own ideas and approaches, it may be time to ask for help.

3. What is the importance of taking breaks when working on a difficult problem?

Taking breaks allows your brain to rest and recharge, which can lead to increased creativity and problem-solving abilities. It also gives you the opportunity to come back to the problem with a fresh perspective.

4. How can I prevent getting stuck on a problem in the future?

Some ways to prevent getting stuck on a problem include regularly practicing problem-solving, staying organized and keeping track of your progress, and seeking out new and challenging problems to work on.

5. What should I do if I feel like I'm not making any progress on a problem?

If you feel like you are not making any progress, it may be helpful to take a step back and reassess your approach. Can you break the problem down into smaller parts? Have you tried a different strategy? It may also be beneficial to take a break and come back to the problem later with a fresh perspective.