STUCK on a few Simple Problems

• Thread starter IamatWork
  • Start date
STUCK on a few Simple Problems....

I am stuck on a few of these problems. Yes they are HW related, but i have been working on them for over 4 days...I can not seem to get a handle on these few problems and help, Hints, Tips...If you wanna give me the formula to use....I do not Expect people to do the work for me, i just need a nudge in the right direction. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP...

1.) A physics book is given a horizontal velocity of 7.0 meter/sec out the window. The book falls for 4/sec before entering the window of a nearby dorm. Determine the distance between the two windows.
A.)27.1 B.)83.2 C.)34.1 D.)68.4

2.) The kinetic energy of a 12 kg mass was increased from 0 Joules to 196 Joules in a time of 3.2 sec. Determine the power delivered to the mass.
A.)26.1 Watts B.)16.3 Watts C.)43.7 watts D.)92.1 watts

Answers and Replies

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
IamatWork said:
I am stuck on a few of these problems. Yes they are HW related, but i have been working on them for over 4 days...I can not seem to get a handle on these few problems and help, Hints, Tips...If you wanna give me the formula to use....I do not Expect people to do the work for me, i just need a nudge in the right direction. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP...

1.) A physics book is given a horizontal velocity of 7.0 meter/sec out the window. The book falls for 4/sec before entering the window of a nearby dorm. Determine the distance between the two windows.
A.)27.1 B.)83.2 C.)34.1 D.)68.4

2.) The kinetic energy of a 12 kg mass was increased from 0 Joules to 196 Joules in a time of 3.2 sec. Determine the power delivered to the mass.
A.)26.1 Watts B.)16.3 Watts C.)43.7 watts D.)92.1 watts
Take note that we DO have a homework section here on PF. Also, you should, at the very least, showed what you have attempted to do so that we know what YOU know and can start from there.

Zz.

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Well, for starters, what equations have you tried to use during the last 4 days?
Take question 1 first.

Thank you...

I didnt even think to put my work on here. I am new here and didnt notice the HW section...I will re-post it in the HW section...thanks

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Don't, the mentors will move it.
Just post what you've thought so far.