1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

STUCK on a few Simple Problems

1. Mar 17, 2005 #1
    STUCK on a few Simple Problems....

I am stuck on a few of these problems. Yes they are HW related, but i have been working on them for over 4 days...I can not seem to get a handle on these few problems and help, Hints, Tips...If you wanna give me the formula to use....I do not Expect people to do the work for me, i just need a nudge in the right direction. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP...

1.) A physics book is given a horizontal velocity of 7.0 meter/sec out the window. The book falls for 4/sec before entering the window of a nearby dorm. Determine the distance between the two windows.
    A.)27.1 B.)83.2 C.)34.1 D.)68.4

2.) The kinetic energy of a 12 kg mass was increased from 0 Joules to 196 Joules in a time of 3.2 sec. Determine the power delivered to the mass.
    A.)26.1 Watts B.)16.3 Watts C.)43.7 watts D.)92.1 watts

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2005 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Take note that we DO have a homework section here on PF. Also, you should, at the very least, showed what you have attempted to do so that we know what YOU know and can start from there.

Zz.

4. Mar 17, 2005 #3

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Well, for starters, what equations have you tried to use during the last 4 days?
    Take question 1 first.

5. Mar 17, 2005 #4
    Thank you...

I didnt even think to put my work on here. I am new here and didnt notice the HW section...I will re-post it in the HW section...thanks

6. Mar 17, 2005 #5

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Don't, the mentors will move it.
    Just post what you've thought so far.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?