Calculating Force of Gravity on an Alien Frog

In summary, the question asks for the force of gravity on an alien frog with a mass of 1.5kg, jumping up from a lilly pad at a velocity of 4.0m/s on a planet with unknown acceleration of gravity. To solve this, one can use the equations of motion with constant acceleration and algebra to find the time and substitute it into the second formula to solve for the force of gravity.
get_rekd

Homework Statement

An alien form of frog with a mass of 1.5kg (on a planet with an unknown acceleration of gravity) jumps up from his lilly pad at a velocity of 4.0m/s. If the frog reaches a maximum height of 15m, what is the force of gravity on the frog on this planet?

It's a stupid question but I am totally stuck on it??

Physics news on Phys.org
hint: this's a constant acceleration problem

Sorry I totally missed the days that we went over this in class. I am not sure where to start with a constant acceleration problem?

perhaps first identify what are the equations you have learn about kinematics with constant acceleration.. (can easily google them). then identify what is given in question, and what you what to work out.

I think you can solve this using the equations of motion and algebra. First find the time using the following equation:

v = u + at

When the frog reaches his maximum height, v = 0 m/s.

Then use the following formula:

s = ut + 0.5a(t^2)

Here s is the vertical height (15m) reached. You'll have to do a bit of substitution from the first formula, since both a and t are unknowns.

I hope that helps. :)

What does the phrase "stuck on stupid" mean?

The phrase "stuck on stupid" is used to describe someone who is being stubborn, uncooperative, or not thinking logically or critically about a situation. It suggests that the person is unable to move past their own narrow perspective and consider other viewpoints.

Is "stuck on stupid" a scientific term?

No, the phrase "stuck on stupid" is not a scientific term. It is a colloquial expression that is often used in everyday language to describe a certain behavior or mindset.

Why do people use the phrase "stuck on stupid"?

People may use the phrase "stuck on stupid" to express frustration or annoyance with someone who is not being open-minded or receptive to new information or ideas. It can also be used to point out illogical or irrational thinking.

Can being "stuck on stupid" be harmful?

It depends on the situation and the context in which the phrase is used. In some cases, being "stuck on stupid" can lead to missed opportunities or poor decision-making. However, it is important to consider the intentions behind using the phrase and to use it in a respectful and constructive manner.

How can someone avoid being "stuck on stupid"?

To avoid being "stuck on stupid," it is important to actively listen to others, consider different viewpoints, and be open to new ideas and information. It can also be helpful to critically evaluate one's own thoughts and beliefs, and be willing to change them if necessary.