1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Students at Imperial

1. Nov 30, 2007 #1
    Just out of curiosity I was wondering if there are any students here studying physics at ICL as i am applying there and i would like to ask a few questions.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 2, 2008 #2
    go to student forum...type this in google

on student forum website...go to universites then go to imperail college...

there you will find imperial college students..

4. Jan 3, 2008 #3
    you should visit this forum:

thestudentroom.co.uk

there's a whole forum on imperial applications and plenty of people are around to answer questions.

5. Jan 3, 2008 #4
    Only go to Imperial if you have no desire for girlfriends, parties, or a life.

OTOH, they probably have one of the best physics courses in the world.

6. Jan 3, 2008 #5
    I disagree with this statement. I have a couple of friends in Imperial, and they're doing Physics, Engineering, and Math. They do work hard, no doubt, but they also play hard.

London's an amazing place to be, the clubs are awesome, as are the parties. Given that you manage your time properly, Imperial will certainly be a fun place to be.

7. Jan 3, 2008 #6
    Thats the only really thing ive been woried about. Ive got a load of friends applyin there too so it shouldn't be too bad....seeing we get in.

8. Jan 3, 2008 #7
    I went to Imperial in the early 90's so it might have changed a lot since then. It helps to be rich- I never had enough money to enjoy London, which is a very expensive place to live.

To be honest, it's an honor to be accepted and to attend Imperial. I may have been relatively party deprived when I went there- but I'm now living in the States doing physics and seeing a lot more of the world.

I repeat- Imperial has one of the best physics courses in the world. It's hard, but if you like physics then it's worth it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?