1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studies in Biotechnology HELP

1. Mar 5, 2005 #1
    Studies in Biotechnology HELP!!!

I am going to complete 12 years of schooling next year, finishing my 12th grade according to the american system, i would like to know how to pursue pure research in biotechnology after that , are any special courses available? what colleges, universities are good for it??, i know the scope is trememdous, but i want to do researcH, somebody please help me in this, evryone is welcome with suggestions

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2005 #2
    As far as I know, not too many universities here in America offer biotechnology as a major. There some universities which are starting bioengineering departments which might be the closest to what you are interested in. Or you can always major in molecular biology/biochemistry/chemistry. Everything is so interdisplinary these days that it might be best to study a core field and pursue specific interests in your graduate career.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?